Chapter 7

"Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel." - Proverbs 27:9

Grace

I knew I was late and telling from the look Debby gave me as my rushing self locked eyes with her, I knew I was in for it. It wasn't like I had wanted to stand her up or anything but like the other times, I just lost track of time. If the police cars blaring their sirens in front of the police station wasn't enough torture,I was sure Debby's pained eyes was a lot of torture for me.

"My love. You look so beautiful. Where did you get this pretty gown from? You are glowing." I said trying to reduce the tension surrounding Debby when I stepped right in front of the booth she had perched herself in close to the window.

"Grace." And ladies and gentlemen,just from that single statement she made,I knew I had hurt her.

I got closer to her and wrapped my arms around her sitting figure when I joined her. I tried to think of the few things I had read off goggle about what to do when your friend was not in the slightest happy with you but my brain just went blank at that moment.

"If not because of the fact that Aunt Peace had called me to pacify me, we both would be rolling of the floor right now with me trying to pull your ears till they hurt you." Debby said trying to get out of her tight hug on her small frame.

" She called? I'm so sorry Debby. Uncle came home and we were catching up. I know that's not a great excuse but you know I love you so much to intentionally hurt you. I hope you can find it in your big heart to forgive this beautiful friend of yours." I knew she would smile at my last statement so I wasn't surprised when she did and also have her comeback.

" Beautiful in deed. Stop getting so full of yourself and let's have a great afternoon." A big smiled graced my face as I hugged her once again before sitting directly in front of her in the booth.

Soon enough, we were enjoying our cakes with tea. Just like the elegant ladies that we were.

"So Grace, I wanted to ask if you could help me inquire for any programs in your work place for my sister?. You know she's been less busy recently seeing as her exams are over and everyone is definitely fed up of her consuming all the food in the house when no one's at home." Debby asked scrunching her face as if remembering occasions when she had caught her sister Hephzibah munching on food meant for the whole family.

"No problem Debs.  There should be a program for teens next week Saturday though. I think it'll go on for a week. I'll just ask from my colleagues at work when I get home. I'll give you a feedback." Hephzibah was like a sister to me and sisters were meant to help each other right?

"Thank you so much. You're doing me a huge favour. Now that that's by the way, why don't you gist me about the children's party and how you pulled it off with little finance. I mean I know your boss owns the place and put you to be in charge of the orphanage seeing as it's one of the establishment under your workplace but when you told me you were bearing the cost of the party yourself, i was worried for a minute." It felt good having someone care so much about you and Debby just proved that people like that still existed.

"Well, remember I told you I was saving few months back, it was actually in preparation for the party. I've had the plans in my head for a long time now, I just needed to put in into action. But the party was blooming of happy children all through. Me along side some of the sisters working in the orphanage had sent the children on a few days retreat as at Sunday after the afternoon sermon in the orphanage with a few sisters of course. We began decorating when they left, so on Wednesday when they came back, they were met with a surprise they never expected. My boss was happy about how it turned out when he came to the party that he promised to get the children more gifts aside from the ones they had gotten that day. Let's just say they went to sleep that night all smiling from ear to ear." I answered my voice full of adoration for the children.

" I'm so happy it turned out well and sad I wasn't able to attend seeing as I had to go for some errands here and there in preparation for my wedding. All the same,I can't wait for my next visit to the orphanage. " She said her voice giving away her sadness at the beginning.
"Grace, not to creep you out but there's a man standing outside the police station that had been staring at you all the time you were talking. If I didn't know you came here yourself, I would say he was waiting for you.
Don't turn Grace. I'll take a picture discreetly so you can see."

All the hairs on my body stood at attention as I watched Debby discreetly take a picture of the stalker acting like she was taking a selfie.

I couldn't help but think though ' who was this person who though watching me was something of pleasure.'

I sighed in relief when Debby successfully took the picture, quite a lot of them before showing me. A true detective she was.

If I thought I had been scared, I was so wrong. All the nerves in my body were at alert as I saw blue eyes stare right into my soul from the pictures.

I was so done for.

Hey there. Yes you. Thanks for reading my book. Just know that I love you but Jesus loves you more. I got motivated to write this chapter seeing the votes and comments. I really appreciate everything even the littlest of them. This is a filler chapter to clear some doubts.
Who do you think was watching our beautiful Grace?.
I guess you'll have to wait for the next updates to find out.
I know you can't wait, I can't either.
Till then, stay blessed. Don't forget R.C.V.S. :)- Silee.