Chapter 11

"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy"-Philippians 1:4

Grace

"Welcome back Grace, congratulations on the success of the children's party." A colleague of mine greeted immediately I made my presence known in the workers lounge. All heads turned to me and like i had practiced thousands of times before leaving the comfort of my home, I smiled. No, it wasn't a sad smile, neither was it a happy smile, it was the smile you gave when you were not okay but you wanted everyone to think you were.

I walked straight to the coffee machine giving small waves here and there. My hands shook as I picked up my coffee to make my way to my workspace. "Grace!" and that was all it took people for my coffee to spill on me.

"I'm so sorry Grace, I didn't mean to startle you. I feel so bad right now. I could take you out for dinner to compensate for my actions." Tim, a never relenting, not so subtle and not so secret admirer of mine succeeded in making me scream in fear, calling the attention of those around. Of course they all laughed, amused by the 'office couple'. Tim and I were like oil and water, they never mixed. I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life with someone who thought he was better than everyone.

"Hmph!" I grumbled, annoyed by his glaring advances. "You know what Tim, I do not need a dose of you this morning so take back your dinner and just stay away from me." With that, i stormed off to the restroom. 

To others, I may seem like a PMSing young girl, but i knew deep inside of me that i was frightened. I knew I couldn't hide for so long but i didn't know how quick I would be found.

I struggled to get my phone out of my handbag. On my first day back at work, i felt like a complete mess and for one of those few times in my life, i knew i needed someone to desperately talk to. 

"Hey Gracie, is everything alright? Aren't you supposed to be catching up on work right now?" My aunt  rambled off immediately she picked up the phone.

"Auntie, I'm so scared. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel so confused. I just lashed out for no reason at a colleague who mistakenly spilled my coffee on me. I don't think i can do this. I can't act like everything is fine. I'm looking over my shoulders every moment. It's hell auntie." I sobbed into the phone. I crumbled to the restroom's floor, not minding the fact that someone could walk in on me. 

"Gracie baby, calm down. You've got this. No one will have you acting like a mess. I know you can pass through this like you have done for the past three years. God is with you, He is for you. Remember how though Paul was in prison, he continued to rejoice and address fellow followers of Christ. He didn't mind what he was going through, he knew his goal, and he achieved it. Grace, all you have to do is call on God and he will comfort you. I can only do so much but God has the power to do all. Grace I need you to take a deep breath and offer a silent prayer to God. Just tell Him to help you and guide you. Remind Him how He has brought you so far. Remind Him of His promise over your life."

Tears streaked my face as I prayed silently with my aunt speaking soothing words to me. In no time, I was off the phone, I was with a clean face, I was with a cleaned shirt and most importantly, a determined heart.

Although the day hadn't started how I wanted it to, I knew I was ready for whatever challenges the day had to offer.

"I've got this, I've got this." I chanted as  I made my way with my head held up high to my work space.

Such a beautiful Monday.

_________________________________________________________

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. IF YOU DID, KINDLY LIKE, COMMENT AND SHARE. EVERY OUNCE OF SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED. MUCH LOVE FROM ME TO YOU.  -Silee.