Pumpkin

For the past 2 weeks you were glued to your bed. You showered but not as often as you should of. Spencer used to love the way your hair would shine in the sun and the way your curls flowed down your back. But now you didn't even bother brushing it and kept it in a bun. You still had morning sickness and dreaded getting up to go eat. You would lay on your side and clutch to Spencer's pillow breathing in the last of his scent. There was a chair at the end of your bed. Today JJ was sitting in it. She would always bring groceries and clean up your apartment. Every team member came to visit you whenever they could. Never at the same, time having the fear of overwhelming you. One night Derek showed up and there were no words shared between the both of you. The entire night the both of you were in each others arms crying. When Aaron came around you officially asked him to be the God father and he immediately said yes. Penelope and Aaron had a special type of bond that you loved to have around your kids. 

Kid

"Are you feeling okay today?" JJ's hand landed on your leg

You were looking at the window. There was a little girl walking down the street eating ice cream. Her parents trailed behind hand in hand. That was supposed to be your future. You couldn't move or think. You could barley breath. The tears were dried up and all you felt was pain. Your heart had been shattered into a million pieces. So yeah you weren't okay. 

"Spencer's apartment is going to be emptied out tomorrow."

You lifted your head to look at her. You opened your mouth but no words came out. Your throat became raw due to all the nights you spent alone screaming at the universe for taking Spencer away. 

"Don't talk it's okay" she reached to the floor and picked up a mug "Here. It's green tea"

You sat up and leaned against the bed frame. You took the mug and sipped the warm liquid. 

"Do you want to go take some things from his apartment?" she sat back down in the chair

You shook your head no

"But you don't want them to remove his things?"

You nodded

"We can't do that" she frowned

You cleared your throat and whispered "I'll move in"

"Are you sure?" 

You nodded 

"Okay I'll go make some calls. I'll be back tomorrow." she smiled and pulled out her phone

You nodded and watched her walk away.

...

You woke up to the sun shining in your face and once again a wave of nausea and pain. You always hated throwing up. It made your ribs hurt and no matter how many times you brushed your teeth your mouth felt disgusting. After splashing cold water in your face you looked down. You turned to the side and pulled your shirt back revealing a small bump developing. It looked like you were bloated but it was something. You were too busy drowning in your sorrows you never bothered to look in the mirror. A small smile lit up your face.

"I should call you pumpkin" you looked down whispering trying not to strain your voice

"The cool thing about Halloween is that it's actually a uniquely American holiday. Despite it's obvious origins in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian all saints day, it really is a melting pot of various immigrants traditions and beliefs. It came a little more commercialized in the 1950's with trick or treat, and today it rivals only Christmas in terms of popularity" you and Spencer were walking into the conference room as he spit out facts about Halloween.