Incapable

"I'll be here the whole time" you reached for Spencer's hand

You saw Cat she had a smug look on her face. Spencer had been looking into the two way mirror for a while. He was tense and shaky. You intertwined you fingers with his and squeezed. He gave you a nod and made his way towards the door. Before opening it he let go and walked in.

"Spencie" she smiled

"Where's my mother"

You shut the door behind you. You were only there to listen but you had a feeling Cat wouldn't like your presence.

"I missed you" she cooed

"What did you and Lindsey do to her? How did you-" she cut him off

"Um stop" she stuck her hand out "You don't get to walk in here and hiss at me like I'm the criminal" she rested her hands on the table "Now we do this my way" She kicked out the chair across from her and told him to sit. Spencer walked over and sat down. They began talking and you studied her body language. You could tell she was planning something big and it wasn't going to end well if no one found out where Diana was. As they were talking Cat gave you side eyes. You kept managed to keep a straight face.

"Would you mind telling your little friend over there to step aside, because we are going to play another game and this time we are going to find out exactly what kind of man you are"

Spencer slowly turned his head and looked at you. He gave you a small nod and you made your way towards the door. Once you walked through it and shut the door you looked through the glass and kept watching.

"What you're pregnant?" Spencer shifted in his chair, visibly uncomfortable

She leaned in "We're pregnant"

You quickly walked over to the security guard at he end of the hall

"I need her medical records now"

After a couple of minuets the guard came back with some charts. You flipped through the pages and your eyes traveled down a list of conditions. She was pregnant. And the timeline matched. This was not what you meant when you told Spencer he would make a great father. Your body became stiff when Cat spoke

"I told her to pretend to be Maeve" she paused "Maeve Donovan. The love of your life. Who had her brains blown out right in front of you before you two could even kiss. So dark... yet is was so useful"

You had learned about Maeve during a late night out with Spencer but never asked for any details that he didn't want to share. You didn't want to push but you knew that he would always be hurting. It would hurt less and less but a part of him would always be hurt.

"You're lying" you knew that she wasn't but Spencer wanted to believe she was

"Spencer, it's Maeve. It's ok. Spencer, Spencer it's Maeve. You want this it's okay" she began to smile

"It didn't happen" Spencer was trying to convince himself that it wasn't true

"Hey I was thinking, if it's a boy, we should definitely call him Spencie junior. But if it's a girl I think we should call her Maeve"

Spencer quickly stood up and made his way to the door while Cat was still talking.

"I mean after all she played a huge role in her own conception"

You watched Spencer walk through the door and you were about to hand him over the papers but he snatched them away instead. You flinched a little. You had never seen him this angry