Loving Each Other

You were staying at Spencer's apartment for the time being. He insisted that you couldn't be alone and needed the help. Today you were laying on the couch reading a book when you heard the door click. It was Spencer walking through the door.

"Um where's Mel" you but the book down and tried your best to sit up

"What" you watched him remove his coat and kick off his shoes

"Well you exited this apartment with our daughter this morning but didn't enter back in with her"

"Oh Hotch is taking her for the night"

"Oh" you let out a breath of relief "Could have led with that"

"Sorry" he smirked and walked towards the kitchen

"Why is he taking her"

"You need the rest, I know that you haven't been sleeping, especially with Melanie crying in the middle of the night" he began to place items on the counter

"Oh, thanks" you completely sat up now and began watching him

It felt nice. Like old times. When your were in a bubble of love and secrecy. When nothing dark had touched your relationship. It was just you and Spencer. Loving and holding each other every chance you got. And now he would take the couch so you could rest well on his bed. He still took care of you in every way he could. He would change your bandages and still called you beautiful when you said your new scars were big and ugly. You wanted more of it but you were scared.

After a while you limped over to sit at the counter. "Need help"

"Like I said this day is for you" he showed you a tight lipped smile and continued to season some meat. It looked like he was making lasagna

"You need to stop treating me like we are together" the words tasted sour in your mouth

"Well the sooner you get better the sooner you leave right, guess this speeds up the process" his smile faded and he returned to focusing on the food in front of him

"No I--I'm sorry"

"Don't be" his words were soft and full of pain. He wasn't mad just disappointed in himself.

The awkward silence was eating you up so when he placed the lasagna in the oven you spoke up

"The temperature is too high, lower it a hundred degrees and it should come out perfect"

"Thanks" he shuffled over to sit in front of you with a cake "I actually used your recipe"

"I know" you smiled "Is it because I'm such a great cook"

"Definitely better than me" he smiled and opened the lid "Garcia made this for you"

You hummed and he handed you a fork. You took a bite "Tell Garcia this is amazing"

"Okay" he rested his elbows on the counter and brought his hands up, he rested his chin on them.

"Here try some" you reached across the counter and fed him a bite

"Tastes very nice" he mumbled

"You have something" you giggled and pointed towards his lips

"Really" he furrowed his eyebrows "So do you"

You pulled back a bit "Wait really"

You hadn't even noticed that his finger had frosting and he dabbed it on your nose. "Hey" you squeaked

"Now you have something on your face" he laughed

You missed seeing him laugh. Being happy. "I'm the injured one, I shouldn't be getting frosting thrown at my face" you pouted

"Hey no one told you to move over here you were perfectly fine on the couch"

"Whatever" you playfully rolled your eyes and wiped your nose

After the laughter died down the both of you just stared at each other. You could see the sparkle in his eyes and the way his lip twitched when he wanted to say something. You wanted to hear the words that he wanted to say. You wanted to let him love you again.

...

It felt cold. And dark. You could barley see but when you tried to move all you felt was pain. Your blurred vision cleared up and you saw the trees surrounding you. You felt the ground beneath you grow wet as blood spilled from you. You touched your forehead with your fingertips and when you hovered them over your eyes, you saw the blood. You turned your head to look at the top of the hill. This time no one was there. There were no flashing lights. There was no smoke from the car that crashed. Nothing

"Help" you cried out "Help me"

You were alone. No one was there. "Please"

"Y/n" you heard your name in the distance

"Help me I'm here" you wailed

"Y/n it's me" Spencer shook you awake

You swiped your forehead and sighed "I'm sorry"

"Don't be"

"Um you can go back to sleep I'm fine"

You could tell he wanted to resist but he listened and began to walk away. But you didn't want to be alone. You wanted to feel someone that was real. "Spencer"

"Yeah" he turned back to look at you from the doorway

"Lay with me" you whispered

"Are you sure"

"Yes" your heart ached for him "Please"

He slowly walked over to the bed and got under the covers. He kept his distance and laid on his side to look at you. His eyes were perfectly glossed over with the streetlight that washed over his face. He licked his bottom lip and lightly brushed away the hairs that were covering your face.

"I heard everything you said at the hospital." you whispered

He took in the information and looked at you. You could see he was trying to figure out if this was good or bad.

"Spencer Reid you are my home"

You could see the corners of his lips move. You hovered your hand over his face. Your fingertips traced the sides of his face and you could feel his breath on yours. The tip of his nose was touching yours and his hand caressed your cheek. You pressed your lips against his and pulled him closer. You could feel all the love and desire wrapped in that single kiss. You could feel the stubble tickle your palm as you moved your lips with his.

He pulled away slowly "Why didn't you say anything before"

"I was scared" you admitted "I was scared of being hurt again but then I realized what hurt more was not being able to love you. I want to marry you some day. I want to raise Melanie with you. I want to grow old with you and be that old couple that sits on the porch everyday watching the sun set."

His eyes travelled from your lips to your eyes. A small smile formed on his lips. He leaned in and as gently as possible without hurting you he pulled your body closer to his. His lips grazed over yours and you smiled. He slowly pressed his lips against your cheek and back to your lips. "I love you Y/n Y/l/n"

"I love you Spencer Reid"

You just admired each other. Taking in all of the emotions that were coursing through your veins.

"Does this mean you can wear my necklace again" he sniffled

"Yes" you giggled

You wrapped your arms around him and he wrapped his around you. You buried your head into his chest and took in his scent. You knew that you wanted to be tangled in his arms and wanted to love him for as long as possible. For whatever time life would give you, you wanted to be wrapped up in a life with Spencer Reid.

Forever.