Marriage

"Melanie is asleep in her crib" you said walking out of his room. It didn't feel like home anymore. Nothing was yours. "You can take her for the night and bring her over to the sitter tomorrow"

"Or you could stay" Spencer turned his head to watch you walk over to the couch

"Spencer" you sighed sitting down on the other side of him

He scooted closer to you and took your hands into his while looking you, his eyes glistened "I made a mistake, I was stupid and idiotic and-"

"Spencer" you stopped him "You fell for her" you voice felt small and you felt like nothing could ever change this new image of Spencer. The guy who just moved on and left his world behind

"No" you could see through him. He was fighting a battle in his own mind "She corrupted my mind, there is a part of me that let myself be wrapped around her finger and it felt like I couldn't escape her. That night was a blur. I hate replaying it in my mind. The only reason I told Cat I thought about her was because I couldn't look at you" he paused the wipe the tear that fell from your face "I wouldn't have left you because I didn't love you, I would've left because you don't deserve me"

"But" you still could not comprehend why he would sleep with Cat. The words that came out of his mouth didn't matter to you, you tried to believe him but you couldn't. Your mind wouldn't let you "I can't trust you. It's not like you were going to be gone forever. You must have known that you were going to come back at some point."

"I didn't"

"Right" you scoffed "Spencer 5 years didn't pass by and we eventually moved on from each other. It was 5 months, it took you 5 months to just be with someone else. And then waited 2 more months to come back. Did you ever love me the way you said you did?"

"Yes of course I did" he held on tighter to your hands "Please don't leave me"

"You left first" another tear fell from your face "I don't even know who you are anymore. She was a killer. She put you in prison. She forced you to lose your sobriety and then almost killed you. And you just-"

"Marry me"

"What" you pulled your hands away from his grasp

He took your hands in his again "Marry me, let me prove it to you. I may not be the same person but let me prove to you that I still love you. Let me prove that we can still be together. Y/n you and Melanie are the loves of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So please marry me"

"No are you insane" you yanked your hands from his grasp and stood up

"Y/n what can I do to prove that I'm sorry" he desperately pleaded from his seat on the couch

"You haven't even said the words I'm sorry what the hell are you doing" you had finally noticed, he would apologize with his eyes and the way he worded his sentences but never actually said the words

"I am, I am profusely sorry and I want you to trust me again" he stood from his seat "Please I will do anything, I will make it up to you every chance I get, let's spend the rest of our lives together"

You hated that he ruined this moment. He turned such a beautiful thing into something so desperate and ugly, trying to fix something that was so broken. It felt like he was grasping at straws and you wanted to say yes, but he was asking for the wrong reasons "No"

"Y/n-"

"No Spencer" you began to raise your voice but there was a child you had to think about, you lowered your voice and continued "No"

"Why not" he stepped forward but you took a step back

"One moment your telling me you would have left me if I was not pregnant and now your saying that I am the one that shouldn't leave you. Spencer you are asking me for the wrong reasons" You walked past him and headed towards the door