What's best?

It was the first week of your second trimester and you had finally gotten over your morning sickness. Hotch had you work from home just make sure you knew you were ready to go back to work. It had been annoying doing consults over the phone but today was your first day back. Your bump had grown and it was clearly visible that you were pregnant. It wasn't as huge as it was going to be soon but most of your shirts stopped covering the bump and you began to struggle to find clothes that didn't show the bottom lining of your belly. You made it work out with the clothes you had. The idea of calling Spencer's mom popped up in your head but JJ had told you that it wasn't the best time. She was getting worse. She told you to wait but it killed you that you couldn't at least tell her you were pregnant.

...

Your hand longed for his touch. It was a habit of yours to reach for Spencer's hand in the elevator. The last time you were in the elevator you were telling Spencer that you were going to find Cat. Now it felt like a piece of you was missing. You had started to move on and tried to call the team more often and have them over. But it was hard. Your heart ached every time you remembered that you were never going to see him again. The elevator doors dinged and you stepped out. Before you went to go see everyone else you walked down the hallway. There it was. Spencer's picture surrounded by even more pictures of fallen agents. Never in a million years did you imagine Spencer's picture would sit on this wall. You took a deep breath in and walked towards the glass doors. Before you could enter the bullpen you heard your name being called. You turned your head and saw Penelope.

"Penny hey" you began walking in her direction

"You're finally here. I was terrified that you weren't coming back" she pulled you into a tight hug

"Ow pen my boobs" you pulled away. You loved her hugs but your body began to go through more and more changes. Sore boobs was one of the dreadful ones

"I'm so sorry, how's my future rain of sunshine" she smiled

"This little pumpkin is perfect. Always sitting on my bladder but perfect" you smiled

"Y/n?" it was Derek's voice

"Morgan hey"

"You're back" he smiled and pulled you into a tight hug. You wanted to pull away but you would rather not explain the sore boobs

"Yes I am"

He pulled away. His hands were resting on your shoulder's and he looked down. He put his arms to the side. One of his hands began hovering over your stomach. He looked back up at you. "Can I?"

You smiled and nodded. He gently ran his hand over your bump. He began to speak at your tummy.

"Hey little one, my name is Derek. I was your dad's best friend" he admired your belly

"You want one?" you asked him

He quickly looked up and had the most frightened look on his face. "No way"

"Maybe you will find a lady who will change your mind one day" you giggled

"Oh sugar don't look so scared" Penelope laughed

"Well time to get to work" you sighed "Derek I was kidding, jeez get that look off of your face" you patted his shoulder and made your way

You opened the glass door and made your way to your desk. You noticed that Spencer's desk had been cleared. It felt strange. Like you were in another world. Only weeks ago you could see him sitting on the other side of the room reading a book or writing a report. Now it was only going to be a memory. You were snatched away from your thoughts when Hotch and Rossi stepped out of Hotch's office.