The Accident

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was Spencer laying beside you. His fluffy brown hair was draped over his face. You moved it to the side and he opened his eyes. A smile formed on his lips. You still couldn't believe that yesterday was real and that he was actually here.

"What's with the staring" he brought you back from your thoughts

"Last time you woke up besides me I lost you"

"I'm here now" he whispered and shut his eyes again. At the same he rested his hand over your stomach and smiled "I'm not going anywhere"

"So what's the plan for today" you ran your hands though his hair

"To go to work" he mumbled

"Why you just got here" you whined

"We need to get Cat out of hiding faster and I need to get reinstated and everything else-" he yawned "Like stuff-" he began to doze off again. Probably exhausted from jet lag "And to make sure you don't kill Hotch or JJ" those were his last words before falling asleep again

You smiled and let him sleep a little more until it was time to go to work.

...

You were sitting at your desk working on the last of the paper work from the previous case. Closing up your statements and final thoughts. It had been a long day and Spencer spent most of it in meetings with Hotch and the director and members of the bureau. A blonde figure approached your desk. It was JJ. To be fair you weren't expecting her to still be here after all the crap you threw at her today. Earlier in the morning you were with Derek in the break room talking but she walked in and you instantly ran your mouth and threw shady comments at her. Later you were in the middle of a conversation with Rossi and couldn't help but roll your eyes every time she made eye contact with you or started speaking.

"As you can clearly see I am very busy Jennifer" you continued look down at your writing

Suddenly a large milkshake was placed on your desk. "Can we talk?"

It was getting late and you hadn't eaten in like 2 hours. You licked your bottom lip but then remembered why you were mad

"Are you seriously trying to win me over with a milkshake?" you finally looked up and realized she had one of her hands behind her back

"And a burger from your favorite diner" she let her hand swing around and a brown paper bag with the logo of your favorite diner sat on your desk

You had been craving something big, juicy and greasy all day. It's like she knew. Well she did of course because she had gone through this twice. You were debating whether or not you should just tell her to fuck off or just eat the damn burger with her.

"Your getting grease all over my work" you rolled my eyes and slowly got up. You grabbed the bag and milkshake and began to walk away with a small smile on your face. A smile JJ did not need to see.You were always a fan of people gifting you food but right now with all the cravings, it was the best. When you didn't hear footsteps following behind you, you spoke "Are you coming"

Both of you made it into the break room and sat down. You began eating and drinking your shake. JJ grabbed a sandwich she had saved and ate with you. There was an awkward silence but you didn't care. You didn't show it but you happily finished your food fairly quickly and slowly prepared yourself for the words that were going to come out of her mouth.

"I get that you are disappointed with the way we handled Spencer"

You scoffed and looked back down at the table standing between the both of you. You knew this topic was coming up but you did not want to confront your feelings about this