Chapter 10

Clarke's POV

While holding mum's head, I used Raven's machine. She screamed in agony as the electric shock shook her. The rest of the chip drained off to the machine. I took it out of her and threw away. I gently turned her, so now she laid on my laps, with her head facing ceiling.

"Mom?" I whispered. Her eyes slowly opened. It took her a few seconds to understand the situation and then she suddenly got up. She sat up and stared into my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," she gasped out, and started crying.

"It's okay," I answered. My eyes started getting watered and before I knew it, I cried too. But I had to be strong. I just wiped them out. Mom only continued on sobbing and sniffling. "No. Stop."

She held her face in her hands so I took those hands in mines. Her eyes stared at me in horror.

"I'm sorry."

I tried to smile and then shook my head for no. "It wasn't you."

"No, no, no, no, no." She kept crying.

I took her face in my hands and made her to look at me. "Mom. It wasn't you." The last tears spilled out. "I need your help." She stared at me like some lost puppy, she was so miserable and fragile right now.

The door to the room opened suddenly and Bellamy, Pike and Murphy got in. Bellamy immediately pointed his gun at mum, so I got her behind me, hiding her from them.

"No, it's ok. I used the EMP. She's back."

He nodded and put down the gun. My mum looked at them.

"W-w-well, what about Ontari?" Murphy pointed at her stiff body. I've put some bandage on her head to stop at least a bleeding. We might need her... "Thought you said we had one shot with that thing."

I stood up. "I told you, Ontari's no longer an option for the flame. She's brain dead. Is the floor secure?"

Bellamy sighed. "For now. Jaha and the guards are tied up in a bedroom."

"We took out the elevator and the ladder as we climbed. The stairs are collapsed. No one's following us," Pike added.

I decided to ignore the fact that he appeared here out of nowhere. We didn't have time for this. As long as he could help us, he could stay here. After then, we will see. Lexa will probably take care of him just well.

"Good. Then we have time."

"What we don't have is a way down," Murphy said, obviously sarcastically.

Bellamy frowned, ignoring Murphy. "Time for what?"

I smirked. "An ascension ceremony."

"Ascension?" Murphy looked at me, confused, then at Ontari. "You just said Ontari wasn't an option. Besides, she's still chipped, and we no longer have an EMP."

Bellamy stared from Ontari to me, too, clearly confused.

"We're not putting the flame in Ontari's head." I just nodded, looked at my shoes, then back at them. "We're putting it in mine."

They all looked at me, like I was crazy. Idea kinda was like that.

"Clarke." Bellamy stepped closer. "That thing killed Emerson in seconds, liquefied his brain."

I smirked. That's the best part. "Emerson wasn't connected to a nightblood."

Now, Pike stepped closer. "Transfusion?"

"Not exactly."

"Connected like Mount Weather," Mum spoke up from behind me. Someone finally got it.