Chapter 15

Clarke's POV

Another hard day of work. People knew of the danger, they worked. Mum and other's work on creating the Nightblood was slowly starting. I had it all under control, here, in Arkadia. Or at least I hoped I did, anyway.

I walked into the main room, where we simply kept all the crap. I saw Monty and Niylah talking, next to some table, that had a lot of supplies. She brought them for us from her shop again.

As I got closer, Monty lifted up those supplies and started walking away from her, right into my direction.

"Any word from Jaha? About Bellamy's unit?" I asked, when he got close enough to hear me.

I saw his vicious smile and already knew that answer wouldn't be like I wanted. He sighed, stopping for a second, looking at me. "Yes. They're back, we all just forgot to tell you." And then he just walked away.

I sighed, shaking my head for a slight second, and continued my walk, heading to Niylah. She was packing herself to come back to her shop again.

She smirked, as I stopped next to her. "Hello, my friend," she said in trig to me.

I walked and hugged her. After a second of a slight comfort, I pulled away. "How light were we?" I asked, pointing at the table next to us.

She kept her smile on. "Always so serious." I tried to smile. "Better," she answered, grinning. "Don't worry. The earth will be more generous next time," she nodded, like she was sure of that. "See you then," she said, and came back to packing.

"Wait, uhh..." I walked to the table and stopped her. She stared at me, before I asked the question. "Did you charge the radio I gave you?"

She frowned, slightly confused. "Yes, like you told me to."

I smiled and nodded. "Good."

But then I saw someone running into the room and shouting.

"Clarke!" I recognized Harper's voice.

A man that was running with her, held some limp body in his hands.

I quickly ran to them and saw that it was Octavia. Without thinking, I moved to the table, already throwing all the things off it.

"She just stopped breathing," she said, as the man laid her down. "There's a stab wound in her belly. She's soaked in blood."

I had to think fast. "First things first." I put both hands to her chest and started pumping it as strong as I could, in a steady rhythm.

"Who are you?" I asked, for a second looking at the guy. He had long, wet hair, and tattoo on his forehead, with a few circles. A grounder. "How did this happen to her?"

"Ilian kom Trishanakru," he answered, looking at us, kinda stressed. "I was on my way home from Polis when I found her."

I still kept pumping, but it wasn't working, her heartbeat was still not found. As I counted to 30, I moved my hands from her chest to her head, opening her mouth with one, and tilted her head back with other. I put my lips to hers and pinched her nose with my fingers, before blowing an oxygen from my lungs to hers. I repeated this and finally she started coughing. Her eyes shot up open, as she coughed, trying to breath again. When it stabilized, I smiled, taking her hand and looking at her.

"Heyy, Octavia." I tried to bring her attention to me, as she looked at me, her eyes filled with fear. Her lips started moving, but nothing came out of them. She was still too weak for that. "It's okay, don't speak." She shook her head, opening her mouth again.

"Azgeda's coming," she whispered, almost unhearably. I frowned. She looked right at me. "Azgeda is coming. Army... marching." Her eyes started closing.