Chapter 5

Clarke's POV

"Where are we going?" I asked and looked at the front seats.

"Far enough," Bellamy answered.

This time he was driving, Raven was sitting in the passenger's seat, and the rest was at the back.

"So, what do we know about this Alie 1 and Alie 2?" Octavia ended the silence.

Raven turned to us. "Both A.I.s were designed by Becca Franko. She was supposed to make life better for people, but according to her the main problem was 'too many people'. She's the one who destroyed earth. Alie 2 was Becca's penance. Something that was supposed to stop Alie and actually help people. That's all I know." Raven stared at us.

For a few seconds, there was total silence. Everyone was hanging on Raven's words.

"Wait, you said Becca, right?" Lexa asked from behind me. I turned so that I and the rest could see her. As Raven nodded Lexa looked only at me. "Bekka Pramheda." She waited until I understood it.

"The first Commander." She nodded. "You think it might be the same person?"

"Maybe," Lexa shrugged.

I thought for a moment. "If it's her then maybe the flame is Alie 2."

"Klork, are you saying that the flame is just an A.I.?" I looked as her eyes started showing a bit of fear and shock.

That's how I could always read Lexa. Her face might be stoic and serious, but her eyes were always showing every emotion.

"Lex, it is possible," I nodded.

"I got Bekka's journal in my bag," she pointed at it. I could see her entire world falling apart in one small moment. I wanted to comfort her, to say her that it's gonna be okay, but too many eyes were looking at us in this moment.

I searched her bag for this journal. As I found it, I opened it on the first page. It was just a blank page with a small text in the right corner.

"Becca Franko..." I read it out loud.

I looked up from it to see every eye staring at me.

"Could I look into this?" Raven asked.

Lexa nodded, so I handed it to her. She started looking through those pages. After a few long minutes - which we spent in silence to not distract Raven - she finally spoke up :

"Becca was amazing!" She smiled at us with some kind of fascination. "At 26 she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year, she had to lock up Alie because her answer for what was wrong with the world, like I said, was too many people. She was 27 when it launched the bombs."

"Is there something about the flame?" I finally got to ask her.

Raven moved to another page and showed it to us. "If the flame looks like it, then yes."

"Yeah, that's the flame," Lexa nodded, sadly. I took her hand in mine. She smiled slightly at it.

Raven continued:

"Alie 2. As I said, Becca saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first, altered her genes so her body wouldn't reject the implant."

"The gene therapy made Becca's blood black, didn't it?" I asked.

Raven frowned at me. "Yeah."

"How did you know that?" Octavia asked from Lincoln's laps. Everyone now looked at me, either surprised or confused.