Chapter 14

Clarke's POV

"So, Jaha says we need police here and here," I said and pointed right places on the map. Riley rubbed his neck, looking at me a bit confused, but still he nodded.

Though, the rest of the things I wanted to tell him were interrupted by some hooting and applause. I turned around to look what was the reason of it all. Many people were gathered around fence, looking at the near lake. I walked there, confused as to what was so interesting in the lake.

Jaha was floating on the water on some kind of waterproof mattress. "Keeping yourself busy, Mr. Jordan," Jaha shouted to Jasper. Obviously it was his idea.

"Oh, I'm living it up, every last day," Jasper shouted back, raising his drink.

Everyone was laughing and cheering. I couldn't help a slight smirk on my face. That was kinda funny.

"Do I want to know how you managed to do this without waking me up?" Jaha asked.

Jasper smirked. "Oh, probably not. But the effects are harmless, I promise," he answered. "Kind of," he added, a bit quieter.

Everyone laughed as Jaha tried to swim at the mattress to the shore. It was fun, but it was a distraction. With every day we were closer to the praimfaya. We couldn't risk dying only for a moment of fun. We needed to work.

"All right. We've had our fun," I said, turning from the lake and looking at the people that still watched Jaha. "Let's get back to work." Tho, they weren't so happy about it, they did backed and came to their scheduled places of work.

I, too, backed from the lake. I moved to the other edge of our camp. I was the one here to keep everything peaceful right now. Raven wasn't here, so I had to watch everyone's work. We couldn't allow any lack in the ship.

Though, I was soon joined by Monty. We both stared at the line of the fogged mountain.

"What's with the 'we're all gonna die' face?" he asked. I looked at him, to check if he was serious. "I mean--"

I sighed. "I know what you mean." I shook my head. "Bellamy should be back by now." I looked at the gate and the road to the gate, but there wasn't a single soul there, just some man that guarded the gate right now.

I backed and slowly headed to the inside of the ship. Monty started walking next to me.

"Hunting parties go radio-silent," he said. They were silent for too long. "It's nothing new." He shrugged, but I had the feeling that something was wrong. I just hoped I wasn't right. "What else?" he asked, nudging me slightly.

"I feel useless," I admitted. "I'm stuck here in case anyone needs a cut bandaged, supervising the backup plan when I should be going to the island to make nightblood."  Mum, Jackson, Raven and Lexa went there with Luna and Nyko, Emori and Murphy, and Miller. I was here just... checking on everything, doing hardly anything. It really felt useless.

"You're not a genetics, Clarke," he said.

"Neither is my mum. Or Jackson. Or Lexa..."

"Yeah, well, Abby and Jackson have Raven. Lexa is a nightblood. They'll figure it out," he said, carelessly.

But I couldn't find myself not caring. It was all too stressful. "I'm serious, Monty," I said, as I stopped walking.

He stopped too, and turned to me. He had a slight smirk for a second longer, until he finally became real serious. "So am I." He paused for a second, gathering his thoughts. "If Jaha's right and Becca created nightblood there, they'll find her records, and all they have to do is reverse-engineer it from Luna or Lexa. Everyone lives." He stared at me, but my sight was locked on the ship.