Chapter 9

Clarke's POV

"Alright." Bellamy jumped off of the roof of the car. "Rover's almost charged. We need to pack up. We'll be home soon." He walked inside the car. Lincoln got into the back of the car. But Jasper was still sitting on the bonnet, and I just stood in front.

"And then what, run away?" I turned to them.

Bellamy got out of it again. "We're not running away, Clarke." He walked to me. "We need to regroup with the others, and find another way to defeat--"

"There is no other way," I interrupted him. No time for this. "We need to find a nightblood." He sighed. "We need to unlock the flame." Octavia with Lincoln got to us, too, as they heard our discussion, Jasper still stared at us from the bonnet. "It's the only way to stop Alie."

"What do you expect us to do, Clarke," Jasper finally spoke up. He looked at me, ironically. "Walk into random villages asking for their nightbloods?"

I nodded. "If that's what it takes."

"No, Clarke," Octavia shook her head for no.

"If Alie can find us on Luna's rig, then she can find us anywhere," Lincoln ended Octavia's sentence.

"We won't help you destroy another innocent grounder village."

I walked a bit closer to them. "If we don't find a nightblood, there won't be any grounder villages," I stared at them for a moment, then walked to Bellamy, "or a home for us to go back to."

"That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are ok." He was as sure and confident as I.

I stared from him to Octavia, Lincoln, then Jasper, but it seemed like they already made decision without me. I sighed and walked away from them into the forrest. As I didn't want to completely lost myself in it, I walked away for enough distance.

I stopped in the place that felt right. I travelled my eyes through trees for a few seconds, but no one was there. I took out the flame from my pocket and stared at it. I looked up in the sky. I sighed.

I heard some creaking and I turned around to see some man with a gun just behind me. Before I could do anything arrow went through his neck. He immediately dropped, for a split second choking on his own blood. I got my gun and looked up. I gasped as I saw Roan with a bow running to me.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who's been following your tracks," he only said, before walking to me. He ripped the flame out of my hand.

"Give that back." I tried to reach for it but he moved his hand out of my reach.

"Goodbye, Wanheda." He turned around, and started walking away, casually.

But I pointed my gun to his head and took off the safety with a click. He froze and turned around to me. He looked at me, with a boredom and impatient, then threw the gun out of my hand. I opened my mouth and gasped from shock.

"You have a real gratitude problem," he admitted, nodding. "You know that?" Then he started walking away from me again.

But I did not let him just walk away like that. He stopped as he heard me.

"Would you just hear me out?" He sighed, but turned around. "I need to find a nightblood."

He smirked, viciously. "I don't know what you, Skaikru, are planning. But Lexa died or disappeared, Titus was killed, and Azgeda has taken over the city, the only thing Ontari needs to become the Commander is this." He raised his hand with the flame in it. "Thought, it'd be harder to find it, but you made it so much easier for me, so thank you for that." And then he started walking again. But as he turned around he was met with Bellamy's gun.