Chapter 4

Clarke's POV

Lexa dragged me to the front seat and sat me on her laps. She tangled her arms around my stomach and rested her head on my shoulder. That comforted me a lot.

"Jasper, what was my mom doing there?" I asked, but he didn't answer. He didn't even look at me.

We drove for a few minutes in total silence. When we were enough far away from Arkadia, Jasper stopped the car and took the walkie-talkie.

"Does anyone copy? I repeat, does anyone copy? It's Jasper." He looked at every mirror in the car, just to make sure if there was anyone around us. For a moment he stared at Lexa and then he tried calling them again. "Kane? Sinclair? Octavia?" He sighed now a little bit angry. "For God's sake! Bellamy?!"

"Jasper? Is that you?" A familiar voice said on the radio. It was Monty.

"Yes. I have Raven and she needs help. Where are you?" Jasper's legs bounced nervously. All the time he turned around to check if we were alone. I would be worried about that either. But I knew very well that Lexa was doing that for me.

Monty precisely described the way to their cave. Jasper started driving to them, but still was talking on the radio with Monty.

"What exactly happened to Raven?" Monty asked.

"A.L.I.E. controlled her. I'll explain it when we'll get there." And Jasper put down the radio.

Again silence.

"Jasper, please, talk to me." He stayed focused on the road, sometimes just looking at Raven.

"I saved your life. That's more than you deserve."

I also looked at the road. "My mom let them shoot to me."

Lexa squeezed my hand. "Klork. I'm sure it's not like that. Abby would never let anyone hurt you."

Jasper looked at her, frowning. "And who the hell are you?"

Lexa opened her mouth to answer, but Jasper didn't let her.

"You know what? I don't care. Just look for the cave. It should be around here somewhere."

I sighed.

But he was right. Soon enough Lexa found this cave and he arrived there. I get out of the car. Jasper took Raven out of the car.

"Need your help!" He shouted. And then I saw him. Bellamy fastly showed up. He stopped for a moment as he saw me, but then he walked to Jasper. They carried him inside the cave.

Lexa showed up behind me. The whole group walked inside the cave, except for Octavia. She was shocked at first as she noticed me, but not as much as she also noticed Lexa.

"Octavia, come on. We need you."

For a moment she hesitated, but after all, she also walked inside.

As Bellamy walked into the cave with Raven, Sinclair immediately rushed to them. They laid her on the ground, next to the wall.

"What the hell happened to her?" Sinclair asked as he bent down to her.

"I told you on the radio," Jasper said. "Raven is not Raven anymore. None of them are. Jaha has been chipping everyone." Sinclair looked at him confused.

"Jasper's right. I've seen it with my own eyes." Now everybody looked at me and Lexa, that was standing behind me.

"I don't need your help here, alright?" He moved to me, pointing at me. Clear hate in his eyes.

"Hey, take it easy and explain." Bellamy stopped him from moving any closer to me.

"Jaha is using the chips to control everyone. You swallow it, and it changes you. You forgot who you are and then you see this thing ALIE, only she's not really there."