Chapter 12

Lexa's POV

I stared out of the window. The rain strands were slowly running down on the window. The storm was blasting afar off. It was already dark as the night was setting off. I used to like rain. But I don't, since I found out that one day it will be black, and radiating. I'm still not sure what it will be exactly, but I'm curious about how it will look like. Will it be really black or it's just the name. If it's just a name, then it doesn't make any sense. If it's called black rain, then it should be black.

"We've been at this for two days," Bellamy said, and I decided to turn to them. Everyone important was here. Raven, Monty, Bellamy, and obviously Clarke. Lincoln wanted to be here too, but he's still in bad shape. Clarke said that the wound was not infected, but he had an internal bleeding. She said, it meant that he was bleeding inside. Kinda weird. I mean, internal, that's where blood is supposed to be. But she still stitched up whatever was cut and now all he could do was lay. "There must be something we're not thinking of." He walked to the transparent board, where Raven and Monty were drawing and writing something on before. "What if we could reach the nearest nuclear reactor?" He looked at Raven.

She shook her head for no. "I told you, the meltdown started months ago. There's no magic button to turn them off. Today this isn't black rain, but it will be soon. That's why we have to focus on riding out the radiation, finding someplace safe and big enough to hold all 500 of us."

Clarke stepped in. "This isn't just about saving us. I made promise to Roan. It's about saving everyone."

Clarke told me what happened in Polis. She stared at me, and I could see that she was scared of my reaction. She thought I'd be mad on her. I could never. Yes, losing the power completely was... not good. And I felt after it completely... worthless. And the fact, that she gave up the flame to him was surprising. I didn't thought she would do that. But, perhaps, it was the only way for them to come back, and I'd give up anything, just to have her next to me. The most important thing was that she was safe, and next to me. Sometimes you just need to sacrifice some things to get others, more important. I didn't blame her for those decision, because I knew, she couldn't make any better ones.

"And that's why we need to tell everyone," Raven argued with her. They were on two opposites sides of this decisions. Clarke was for not telling people, and Raven thought we should tell them. I still didn't choose my side. "Crowdsource it. If there's another Mount Weather out there..."

"If there's another Mount Weather, I'd know for sure," I interrupted her.

"If we tell everybody they will die, the coalition is over, Roan falls, and the grounders will be at our gate," Bellamy chose Clarke's side. I guess he had a point.

"Then just tell our people," Raven answered.

"Why do you want to tell them so badly?" Clarke asked, staring at her, challengingly.

"We need more minds on this problem. On the Ark, people volunteered for the culling because they were told the truth and given a choice... A choice your dad died for." She answered Clarke's stare. I slightly moved to the blonde, for secure.

Secure she didn't need at all. "You think I've forgotten that?" Clarke spat out, angrily.

"Okay," I moved in between them, as the atmosphere was getting heavier. "We will tell everyone the truth as soon as we have a viable solution. Without one, it'll start a panic." I looked at all of them.

"You don't know that," Raven answered.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I was interrupted.

"That's it," Monty spoke up for the first time. The entire meeting he just wandered through the room, listening to us, but I could see he was thinking about something. We all looked at him. He suddenly walked from the window to us and stood next to the board. "Think. Alpha station survive for 97 years in space through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sound familiar?" He stared at us. "All we have to do is patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution." We all looked at each other. He just solved the problem. I looked around, staring at the ceiling and walls. Once again, I looked at Monty. Genius.