Chapter 7

Lexa's POV (I know. Finally!)

"I can't believe how many people Alie has now," Raven whispered, looking at all of those small letters and numbers on the monitors.

It took her about an hour or maybe two to get Alie on her computers. She was looking at those codes for a few minutes. She was seeing the City of Light in it somehow. Many people? I only saw many moving codes. Raven was really weird.

"You see this cluster?" she asked. I thought she was asking me, but as I stopped playing with my knife and looked at her, I only saw Monty walking to her from his transparent board. He was writing on it something, that I didn't understand, either. As he stood behind her she continued, "it's a building." She was pointing at a few monitors. "But all this," other monitors, "these are minds." Monty with an opened mouth looked at what was she pointing. "It's full of them. Thousands. She's taken Polis, too."

Polis was now controlled by Alie? My capital was taken by an A.I.? I haven't been there only for a few days. But what if it won't change? What if it's already ruined? Was it really a mistake to leave? But what about Titus. He was supposed to have everything under control.

"Alie's army is growing. The longer we wait to go in, the stronger she gets."

"Go in?" Monty spoke up, clueless. "Raven, no." He shook his head as no. "Our mission is--"

"To wait for Clarke," Raven interrupted him. I smiled, slightly. Raven hesitated for a second, looking to the left, where I was sitting. "Like always." My jaw clenched.

"That seems to be a good plan," I mumbled to myself.

She didn't hear it or pretend to because she only turned to Monty, more energetic than she was a few seconds ago. "But what if we can do this ourselves?" Monty stared at her. "We have Becca's back-door password. We have me."

Monty frowned. "you said the moment we use the password, Alie will know."

Raven looked down. "She will. I think."

"That means we have one shot at this," he started gesturing with his hands. His emotions were getting higher. "Is there a kill code in that book you didn't tell me about?" Raven shook her head for no. "Then we stick with the plan. Clarke gives the flame to Luna. The A.I. in the flame gives Luna the kill code. We enter it here, taking our one shot, and bob's your uncle."

What? I frowned. Is there some Bob I don't know about? And why would he be Raven's uncle? Skaikru's conversations were really stupid and futilely.

"I hate that expression," Raven said and I frowned even more.

Monty put his hands together. Raven rolled her eyes, sighed, and looked back at the monitor.

"Good," Monty sighed too. "Let's keep mapping. What else do you see?" He came back to his board.

And then I heard someone coming through the door. I immediately turned in my chair and saw Harper.

"Premiter's clear. Bryan and Miller have watch. How's it going in here?" She stopped and looked at us, but crossed the stares only with me, as Monty and Raven were focused on other things. Monty for a moment stopped writing to only look for a second at her, significantly. "Not good, huh?" I saw Harper getting a deep breath and looking only at Monty. "Take a break? I could use some help securing the south airlock." Monty turned around and looked at Raven.

"Go," she sighed. "Take the book if you don't trust me." She tried to hand it to him.

"You memorized Becca's password," he looked at her, unbelievingly.

Raven smiled, playfully. "Then I guess you'll have to trust me," she shrugged.

Monty nodded and put his marker on the table. They walked out of the room as Raven keep typing something. I wouldn't even know if she would start using the password.