Chapter 17

Lexa's POV

"This is Becca's main research lab, but there are 5 other levels," Jackson said as he led us into the lab.

The white of everything was almost blinding. We slowly walked from long hall to the main room. There was a lot of technology all around it. A big ship in what seemed like another room, connected by huge doors.

"Incredible..." Clarke whispered.

Abby was standing in the middle of the room. As soon as she noticed us, she grinned. Clarke smiled, too, and we walked downstairs to her.

"God, it's really you," Abby said, taking Clarke's face in her hands.

"I'll go check on Raven and Luna," Jackson said from behind us and walked away.

"Where's Roan?" Abby asked, after letting go of Clarke's face.

"He's unloading the fuel with the others. I just needed to see my mom," Clarke said and I smiled slightly.

Abby pulled Clarke into a long hug, while whispering into her ear: "Don't punish yourself." When they moved away, Abby still held her arms. "Going to space was at best a long shot."

"It was the only shot we had," Clarke said, shaking her head. But then she noticed something on one of computers. "Is that Raven?" she pointed at the blue image on it.

Abby looked down. "Yeah." We all walked to the computer. I had no idea what we were looking at. A blue thing with one small black place in it. It was turning around. "She's sedated in the bio lab. She had another seizure."

"What is that?" I asked, frowning confused.

"An ischemic stroke," Abby said. This didn't tell me anything.

"That means it can heal, right?" Clarke looked at Abby, rather hopefully.

"Yes. As long as she takes it easy, she'll recover," Abby nodded. "She's almost as stubborn as you are."

"And you? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Abby smiled, putting one hand on Clarke's arm and one on mine. She smiled at both of us. "I'm glad you guys have each other." She patted us and then walked to another computer.

Clarke looked at me for a slight second and then walked after Abby. "I spoke to Jackson, he doesn't think you're fine." Abby sighed, massaging her head. "When was the last time you slept?"

She started looking into another object. It was white with black two eye-size tubes. She put her eyes into it. It looked like she was seeing something through it. "I'll sleep soon enough, one way or another," she just answered.

Clarke stayed silent for a moment after that answered, but then she frowned again. "What is that?" she asked, as Abby looked away from the tubes, and started playing with glass that was under it.

"It's bone marrow. Luna's," Abby said, looking once again into the thing. "A theory that Jackson and I agreed should remain untested."

I frowned. "What theory?" Clarke asked.

Abby sighed and moved away from the object. She headed to another complicated machine. "We can't create nightblood. Unless we go to space. But Luna can," Abby said, looking significantly at Clarke. "Theoretically, we can inject ourselves with her bone marrow." She started doing something with some weird things.

"Then we become nightbloods," Clarke started nodding.

Wait what?!

"Will it work?" she asked.