1.6

{1226 words}

[Recap]
"Thank you, Miss Cuthbert." I thank her.

('̀-'́)

[Y/n's POV]
Gilbert and I are in Charlottes Town, Gilbert said he needed to get a few stuff so I decided to tag along. Gilbert told me all about him wanting to get hired to go on a Steamer, His dad always wanted him to explore the world so I hope he finds what he wishes to but I do hope he comes back home to us, since I know he is planning to leave I plan to spend lots of time with him!

Gilbert stops walking as we approach a pawn shop, he's looking through the window with a confused expression, I look at the window to see what he's looking at and I see Anne, it looks like she's pawning some stuff. I did hear at school like she might loose her farm because of financial issues but I thought they were rumors. Gilbert and I exchange looks and wait until Anne leaves the store.

As soon as Anne exits the pawn shop she is met by Gilbert's gaze fixed on her, I can tell she doesn't realize I'm there but I don't mind.

"Gilbert!" She says rather happy with a smile.

"Anne. Hello." He greets her with a soft smile.

"Gilbert" she sighs. "I think I need to sit down."

"Sure" Gilbert says as he turns around to face me.

"Hello Anne" I greet Anne.

"Hello y/n, sorry I didn't see you." She says surprised by my presence.

"Oh no it's fine, I have to go uhh buy some medicine for um my brother Tyler, he has a slight cold. Gilbert you can meet me there later when your done! It was nice seeing you Anne!" I say before walking in the direction of the medicine store. I know they have some stuff to talk about so I thought it was best for me not to be there.

('̀-'́)

[Gilbert's POV]

"So you like working on the docks?" Anne asks me, we decided to come to a nearby pub and sit down.

"It's a means to an end. I hope to get hired on a steamer soon." I answer her.

"May I ask what about your farm?"

"I don't have to decide right now. I want to see some of the world first. If I come back to Avonlea I want it to be my choice, not an obligation. It's what my dad would've wanted.
I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Cuthbert taking sick and all those troubles."

"It still seems unreal. Even though I just sold all our... Everything. But thank you." I do feel bad for her, it must suck.

"He's a good man. He offered to help me with my land come spring." I chuckle at her.

"I love him with all my heart. I don't know what I'd do if... I owe you an apology." Her expression turns from happy to serious.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"I should apologize to you."