1.3

{748 words}

[Recap]
I turn around to glance at him and see him smile as he walks away to his house.

That boy sure is something.

('̀-'́)

1 week later

Anne has returned to school. Gilbert still walks with Tyler and I to school and the Gillis's house caught fire a couple days ago but their house was rebuilt. Now today in school there is a spelling bee.

"Spell Amorous" Mr. Phillips says uninterested in the the kids. He seems to be looking at Prissy Andrews..

"Amorous A-M-O-R-U-" Tillie responds before she's interrupted.

"Argh! Sit down, you butcher of beauty.
Ostracize!" Mr Phillips responds.

This continues for a while. Soon Gilbert and Anne are the last ones standing. They take glances at each other throughout the whole thing. It does make me rather jealous. Gilbert is doing the word "Engagement" now.

"E-N-G-A-G M-?" Gilbert struggles to spell this word.

"That is incorrect." Then I hear him say while looking at Prissy Andrews "The spelling, not the sentiment" strange..

Diana rushes out of her seat to Anne
"Anne you won!"

"Congratulations Anne, I should've added an E" Gilbert adds with a smile.

I glance at Gilbert in frustration. The way he looks at me is no where near he looks at Anne.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

My brother Tyler walked ahead of me to catch up with his friends. I decided to walk with Diana and Anne today seeing as how we go through the same path to get home.

"So y/n, do you like anyone" Diana questions with a smile.

"I do" I smirk.

Anne gasps "Oh please do tell!"

"Is it Gilbert? I see the way you look at him in class." Diana says smiling wide.

"I do like Gilbert but I fear it would cause a scandal to act on my feelings." I reply as we all sit down on a rock.

"That is rather true, Josie and Ruby will never let you hear the end of it if they find out." Diana sighs

"Oh please do tell y/n, what is it that you like about him? Oh love is wonderful!" Anne says looking at me.

"Well, what can I say, my heart races when I'm near him, he does look rather handsome, the way he talks and looks at the world with hope. The way he's nice to everyone and is especially nice to me and my brother. He's great honestly. He's perfect to me." I exhale relieving a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Why thank you, y/n for the kind words" Gilbert chuckles from nearby walking up to us.

I cannot believe he just heard me say this.

"I- um Hello Gilbert, what are you doing here?" I say embarrassed.

He chuckles noticing me blushing, "Oh nothing, just hearing about how perfect I am"

"We really must be going" Diana says standing.

Anne stands and looks at her "Um yeah Marilla is expecting me to- um Help do stuff."

They both quickly grab their stuff. They cannot leave me!

"Wait guys-" They quickly wave bye and walk away, "Guys!"

Gilbert chuckles behind me "So am I really handsome?"

"Oh shut up!" I smack his arm.

"Do you really feel this way about me?" He questions looking at me while smiling"

"Well I'm not repeating anything I said so guess you'll never know!" I chuckle.

"Hmm I am rather handsome though" He says while lifting his head up to make a model face.

"Eh" I chuckle.

We continue talking about random subjects as we walk home.

My house comes into sight as we are almost home.

"Hey um Gilbert?" He looks my way waiting for me to speak. I fiddle with my fingers and turn to him "Would you like to come over on Saturday? I was thinking of going to this beautiful pond I saw the other day." I ask.

"I'd like that, I'll come over around 12:30pm?" Gilbert responds.

"That sounds lovely!" I reply with a smile and nod.

"Well then, I'll see you Saturday" Gilbert tells me while we stand outside my house.

"See you on Saturday!" I turn around and walk up the steps of my house rather excited!

[Gilbert's POV]

I was going to ask y/n if she would like to come with me into town but when I turn around I see her jump with a smile on her face in excitement. Gosh she is cute.

('̀-'́)

If anyone was reading when I first published this story, you'll notice the original name for the story was Miranda (my name) I have changed it to y/n because I thought it would make it would make it more enjoyable for people to read. Even though this story doesn't have a lot of reads. Hope you enjoy this rather short chapter!