3.5

{6590 words}

[Recap]
I look at the small white flower that is now sitting on my nightstand and not my dresser, maybe I should give Gilbert another chance, I miss him.. I think as I drift off to sleep slowly.
___________________________________

[At Gilbert's farm, Morning]

[Gilbert's POV]

I smoke the bee house and remove the top. I grab the honeycomb trays inside that the bees collect honey on then, I store my honey in a jar. "Good morning to you too, ladies. Hard at work as always, I see. Give my regards to the queen. Such a bountiful harvest last year. Thank you." I say as I put the honeycomb trays back on, and attach the lid.

[Outside Y/n's house]

[Y/n's POV]
I'm walking to school with Louis, since it's his first day, and on his first day we are going on a field trip I guess.

"So are you excited?" I ask Louis as we keep walking.

"Yeah, it'll be good for me to get a fresh start" he responds before turning at me and smiling before looking ahead of us again. I nod my head and continue our walk.

[At Avonlea School]

As me and Louis walk in, everyone looks at us until I realize their not looking at me, they're looking at Louis. Mostly the girls. I see Billy looking our way and mumbling something to his friends and then laughing. I wave off to Louis and tell him to just pick a seat since he already met with Miss Stacey before so theirs no introduction between them.
I walk over to the girls and they all crowd me.

"Who is he?" Tillie asks.
"Is he your new boyfriend? I thought you were with Gilbert?" Josie Pye asks.
"He's dreamy, but not dreamier than Gilbert" Ruby says.
"He's quite handsome, what's his name?" Diana asks.

"Okay slow down people. His name is Louis Partridge, Yes I am still dating Gilbert, but Louis is an old friend who I knew a couple years back. Now calm down!" I say. I sit down and all the girls sit around my desk and start talking but I don't listen to much of it.

[In the forest, for Miss Stacey's field trip]

Miss Stacey is walking us through the forest. But as usual nobody is taking it serious.

"...bud, bloom, branch and bough is part of a greater whole. In fact, everything you see around you is entangled in a kind of symbiotic dance, and the uniqueness of each participant enables the forest to thrive. But if you wish to see the true genius and efficiency of Mother Nature, just look up at the trees above you. See the channels of space
between the canopy? This mysterious phenomenon is known as "crown shyness."

"Oh!" I hear Tillie shout as she trips. "Thank you."

"Each tree is aware of its boundaries. Which in tree-speak, means..." Miss Stacey pauses before looking at Tillie locking arms between 2 boys, "No touching!" She says as students around start laughing.

"This kind of intelligence is not just limited to trees. We see it across all of nature, even with the birds and the bees."