2.8

{4390 words}

[Recap]

"Yeah yeah" I tell her. "I'm gonna head up to my room and go do my school work since we have school tomorrow." I tell my Mother and Tyler before heading upstairs to my room.

('̀-'́)

[School morning, the next day]

[Y/n's POV]

"Apparently the new teacher is coming today!" I tell Gilbert as we make our way to School.

"Yeah, hope she's better than Mr. Phillips- well actually.. any teacher would be better than Mr. Phillips."

"Yeah, true enough, I'm sure Diana and Anne will be talking about it when I get there"

[At the school]

"-And Mother was talking to Mrs Pye and she said that the PMSC felt that Miss Stacey is probably unsuitable." Diana tells Anne. The girls have been talking about Miss Stacy for a while.

"But she rides a motorbike! Miss Stacey seems modern and thrilling!"

"I heard she's a spinster."

"I heard she's from the mainland."

"Why would an unmarried woman from the big city come here?"

"There's a scandal somewhere, you'll see."

"Mother hated Miss Stacey on sight."

"So did mine."

"Here's a recipe for disaster: show up an hour late. Dressed like a man. To tea with the Progressive Mothers. She may as well have hung a noose around her neck."

"Don't disparage her when you don't even know her. I think she sounds spectacular. I'm going to help pave the way for Miss Stacey. I know just how it is to be new and judged harshly." Anne says confidently, I think it's a nice gesture but Anne may be too much sometimes, Hope she makes a good impression on Miss Stacey.

"That fox is gonna be dead meat. I think I'll make it into a hat." I hear Billy say. I notice Anne's face from smiling to stressed.

"Fox? What fox?"

"The one with the dark tail that's been stealing chickens."

"Well, there's no fox here so how's about you put the gun away? I'd like to live to meet the new teacher." I hear Gilbert tell Billy. Billy is standing in the middle of the classroom with a giant GUN. For what?!

Just then the door opens and a lady walks in, whom I assume is Miss Stacey, she has a globe and it falls and rolls on the floor to Billy's feet.

Miss Stacey looks at Billy as she says "I just laid the world at your feet, didn't I? Good morning, everyone!"

"Good morning." Everyone answers back.