3.7

{3755 words}

[Recap]
Maybe we are meant for each other. I believe so.. but does he think the same?
___________________________________

[At Gilbert's house]

[Gilbert's POV]
"What about this one?" I ask Bash as I walk into his room showing him my shirt as he knits next to Delphine.

"It looks like a white shirt. Same as every other white shirt you've tried on." Bash says as I roll my eyes and walk up to the mirror.

"This one requires cufflinks. Which I don't have since Elijah made off with my father's." I say.

"Boy, I could knit you a shirt in the time it's taking you to decide." He says not looking up.

"This white shirt is the key to making a good first impression with Winifred's parents." I tell him as I walk out and back to my room.

"Ta-dah!" I say as I step back into Bash's room.

"So does all this fuss here mean you've settled on Winnie?" Bash asks.

"Oh... no. She's easy to be with. I mean... I'm fond of her." I say standing in front of the mirror to button my vest.

"Fond enough to marry her?" Bash asks.

"I'm not thinking that far ahead." I respond.

"All I'm saying... Mary and I went for a couple walks and next I knew, I was drunk in a laundry basket, proposing."

"Winnie doesn't have those kinds of expectations."

Bash laughs as I turn back around, "I don't know how you white folks do it... but once parents get involved, she's thinking about marriage."

"I need to change." I say walking out of Bash's room and back upstairs.

[At Green Gables]

I rode my horse to Green Gables to ask Mr. Cuthbert if he has cuff links. I walk to the door and open it and see Anne.

"Hi there. Is Matthew home? I was hoping to borrow a pair of cufflinks." I say closing the door behind me before noticing Anne crying, "Have you been... chopping onions?"

"I-I..." Anne stutters before I see Mathew by the door holding a giant radish.

"My, that radish is spectacular!" I say looking at Mr. Cuthbert.

"Gilbert needs cuff links!" Anne shouts out as she runs out the kitchen.

"Cuff links?" Mr. Cuthbert asks as he leads me to his room. He lays the radish down. "Cuff links, eh Special occasion?" He asks.

"Oh, I... No, not really." I answer back.

I get the cuff links and make my way out, I get outside and hop on my horse when I hear a quiet sneeze, I look up to see Anne by her window, strange. I wave bye to her and she waves back as I ride away.