3.8 (2/2)

{3083 words}

[Recap]
Did that really just happen?
___________________________________

[At School]

[Y/n's POV]
Everyone is arguing about Anne's article. I'm standing by Ms. Stacey's desk waiting for it to calm down. I look at Anne who is just leaning against a table le while everyone yells at each other. Fun.

"Everyone... Everyone! Uh..." Ms. Stacey says clapping trying to catch everyone's attention. "Anyone?"

Then Miss Stacey makes a paper airplane and throws it down the middle of the classroom to get everyone's attention. Frankly, it works. "I believe we've yelled enough about the incident. How would you like to proceed? My first recommendation is to talk at a level that won't cause deafness."

"We're arguing about the wrong thing. This isn't about what Anne wrote. This is about what's fair." Gilbert says, I look at Anne's face and cover my mouth with my hand not to laugh.

"What's fair?! My piece is literally and precisely called 'What is Fair'? Anne says.

"Anne, it's time to listen. Gilbert, please elaborate." Miss Stacey says turning to Gilbert.

LI mean, fairness to us. The team. You could've pitched your idea, and we could've worked on it together. I'm sure that there's a way that we can talk about equality without...ruining a girl's life."

"Oh, now you have an opinion on equality?" Anne asks.

"It's the same opinion I probably would've had yesterday, had you bothered to ask." Gilbert says crossing his arms.

"Interesting! Because at the fair, I could've sworn I saw you negotiating for an attractive new parcel of land. Oh, I mean... wife." Anne says. I just stand there watching the scene unravel.

"Alright, then!" Miss Stacey says, "Why don't I tell you my plan before this room spontaneously combusts? From now on, we will be exercising a rigid guideline I'd assumed was clear from the beginning. I am the editor-in-chief. As such, all articles must be met with my seal of approval before they go to print, or else they don't go to print. Understood? Wonderful. On the topic of the next issue, please break into groups and begin discussing what you'd like to see in its pages. Anne." Miss Stacey says and her and Anne walk in the storage room to talk I assume.

Everyone is too busy to notice right now so I grab my stuff and leave. So, I start walking home, it's rather hot today though.

Once I'm in the forest, almost home. I see everything around me turn, brighter? Like the green in the trees turns bright green. I start feeling dizzy and my vision gets blurry. I look around trying to find the nearest tree to lean on but everything is spinning. Until everything turns black.

[Gilbert's POV]

I noticed that Y/n has left a while ago, I waited about 10 minutes before grabbing my stuff and leaving too.

As I'm walking I see something on the floor in the distance, until I notice it's not something.. it's someone. I run over to Y/n and she's unconscious. I check her pulse and she still has a beating heart so she's still alive. I look around trying to figure out what to do.