3.11 (1/2)

{1586 words}

[Recap]
"I'm in love with Gilbert Blythe!"
___________________________________
[Y/n's POV]

"You think you passed? I don't wanna go unless you're going." I hear Ruby say along with the other mumbles I hear inside of Miss Stacey's home.

Everyone is anxious about the Queens entrance exams. I'm standing with Louis and I can feel awkward eyes on me.

I look up to see Gilbert looking from me to Anne and Anne doing the same switching from me to Gilbert.

Jesus what happened on the day of exams..
I don't remember much still, only small bits, whatever I did must have been bad ..

"Hey Louis" I say throughout all the mumbling in the room.

"Hm?" He says looking down at me.

"The night of the exams, I didn't say anything bad did I? Because I don't remember much from the day" I ask.

"No, you didn't do anything, I swear it" he says offering me a small smile which I return. I can tell he's lying, horrible liar. I was going to say something but my attention is thrown to the other side of the room while Miss Stacey walks in getting everyone's attention.

"Queens scholars, I hold in my hand your Queens
entrance-exam test scores. Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of how hard everyone has worked and how you acquitted yourselves. You've made a great showing for Avonlea. And now..." Miss Stacey says smiling and pulling a paper from behind her and smacking it on the table in front of her, "Storm the castle!"

"Let's see. Diana got in!" Tillie exclaims as we all look at Diana smiling.

"Gilbert and Anne tied for first!" Tillie says causing Anne and Gilbert to smile at each other.

I push my way through the crowd with Louis behind me and look at the paper.

"Oh my god.. OH MY GOD! LOUIS!! LOUIS I GOT IN!!!" I say turning around to see a smiling Louis.

"REALLY!! That's amazing Y/n! I'm so excited for you" he says hugging me quickly. I look around to find Gilbert's and my eyes latch on to the side of his face.

I decide not to hold any grudges. I mean we're all heading off to college so what's the point of leaving things bad, even if I'm not the girl he chooses, I would rather end as friends than nothing. I then start walking towards Gilbert.

"Congratulations. Truly, you deserve it, I know how hard you tried." I say smiling at Gilbert causing him to smile back.

"Thank you Y/n, you too." He says, I can see out of the corner of my eye, Anne coming but as she sees me she turns away.

Miss Stacey breaks the mumbles as she started talking, "Everyone? It is with a heavy but proud heart that I say to you all one last time: Class dismissed!" She says as Diana hugs her.

"You've been the best teacher, Miss Stacy." Diana says.

"Potato light bulbs forever!" Moody says causing me and Gilbert to start laughing. I smile at Gilbert before walking towards Louis to head out.