2.7

{1557 words}

[Recap]

Before we leave I look back at Gilbert and realize he hasn't looked at me, he looked at me when I arrived and when Prissy ran out but that was it. He didn't look at me the way he looked at Anne. Does he like Anne and not me? Does he love her?

[Morning, another day]

I'm in Charlotte town with my mother, she needed to get groceries and I needed new dresses so I decided to tag along with her. When we were in Charlotte town I saw Gilbert, I looked at my mother to see if she was in a good mood so I can ask if I can go talk to him.

"Mother, Gilbert it across the street, may I go talk to him for a second?" I ask her playing with my fingers behind my back.

"Yes, don't be long, I'm almost done."

"Okay! Thank you!"

I walk outside and don't see Gilbert anymore. I looked inside a pub and saw him getting a drink but his back was facing me so I decided to surprise him.

I walked inside and jumped behind him as I grabbed his shoulders and said "BOO!" He got scared and turned around quick, I heard people tell me "shh" so Gilbert started chuckling.

"Hello Y/n, what are you doing here?" He asks putting his glass down.

"My mother needed to buy some stuff and I saw you outside, I needed to ask you something anyways so I guess it was a coincidence." I tell him with a straight face, I am still upset about him and Anne and maybe this is my chance to confront him.

"Okay well what is it you need to ask me?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

"Do you remember that pond I took you to?" He nods his head so I continue, "do you think you can meet me there, I have to talk to you about something but I wanted it to be somewhere nobody will be"

"Your not gonna kill me are you?" He asked smiling

"No! Of course not, just meet me there at.. uhh" I look at the clock and notice it's 1:35pm.. "meet me there at 5!"

"Okay, I'll be there, see you around, I have to buy a couple things and head home before Bash complains about him freezing to death." We both laugh at the last part of his sentence.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." He walks me out and then waved goodbye so I head back to Mother and I see she's already paying so I go inside and stand next to her so we can leave.

[At y/n's house, 4:30pm]

"Mother, Can I go with Gilbert somewhere?" I ask her as she's doing laundry.

"When?"

"Right now.."

"Okay but make sure to be back before it gets too late, you need to help your brother with his math when you come back."

"Okay I will! Thank you, I'll see you later."

"Bye, be safe!"