3.1

{3772 words}

«2 Years Later»

[Y/n's POV]
Hello, it's been a while. The boys are playing ice hockey, Ruby is supposed to be covering the game but her eyes are fixed on Gilbert. Ruby stopped being upset with me but she still hasn't let go of her crush on Gilbert, though I don't mind. Also, I've become closer to Anne and Diana.

Everyone is shouting out constantly so it's hard to tell who is talking each time.

"Come on. Over here, over here!"
"Faster!"
"Go, Billy!"
"I can't move. Nice shot!"
"I'm open. I'm open!"
"I got it!"
"Go, Gilbert!"
"Come on!"
"Nice. Take it, go!"
"Yes!"
"Stop!"
"Keep going!"
"Well done, Gilbert!"
"Pass it to Moody!"
"Moody. Come on! Come on."

"Hello!" Anne says as she walks over to us.
"Hi, Anne."
"Hi, Anne."

"Charlie, come on, save that!"
"Look at the score!"

We all look at Ruby and notice the play book just sitting in her hands. Anne grabs the book and flips through the blank pages confused, "Ruby, you're supposed to be covering the game."

"Gilbert, come on. Pass!"

"Where are the highlights? Do you even know the score?" Anne says frustrated.

"It's just a school newspaper, Anne,
not The Daily Telegraph. We don't even need an article about the game. We're all here." Ruby tells Anne. I'm standing up front with Ruby, Anne, and Prissy while Tillie, Diana, and Jane stand a little further behind.

"She's busy ogling you know who!" Tillie says. Just as Billy comes up and swerves snow in our direction, the girls found it amusing but I don't like snow in. H hair, it melts and then becomes very cold.

"Josie, you've really caught Billy's eye."

"Oh, I'm trying to make my peace with it." Josie says back.

"With what?" I hear Tillie ask Diana as I walk over.

"That Josie may become her sister." Diana says.

"In-law. Sister-in-law!" Jane says in response. I don't know what their talking about so I walk back to Anne and them.

"Alright. I'll write the article. Who are the team captains this week?" Anne asks.

"Gilbert." Ruby says gazing at Gilbert smiling.

"And?" Anne asks frustrated as she rolls her eyes.

"Whoever." Ruby says.

"Nice shot."
"Thanks."

Gilbert come over to where we're standing and Ruby immediately straightens her posture up and just smiles at him.

"Isn't... Ruby covering the game?" Gilbert asks confused, he looks at me and I just shrug.

"Ruby's very preoccupied. With a certain someone." Tillie says from behind.

As Gilbert skates back, Ruby turns to Anne, Diana, and me.

"He noticed me. He looked right at me and smiled."

"You're delusional. Ruby Blythe." Anne says.

I hear Moody say "He's here!" And then say something else to Billy as he walks over to a man I see in the distance. I see a girl standing behind him, she looks kind of.. scared? Mother says not to go near the Indians because we don't know what kind of people they are but I think that's what makes them interesting. I see Anne looking at them too and assume she gets the same idea, I turn and start walking towards them, just as I do I see Gilbert walk up to the man.