Chapter 34

Chapter 34

It was utter panic and chaos as we stepped outside, people rushed past us from around the corner, tripping and stumbling in their rush to get away, cars swerved off the road as they flew passed. As we reached the source, a large spaceship came into view, kicking up dust and debris as it got closer to the ground. Stephen waved it away with a quickly spell, causing Tony to give him a look before moving closer as a beam of light shot down into the street in front of us, and two figures materialized. 

" Hear me, and rejoice." One of them called, the smaller of the two. " You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be Tankful.. that your meaningless lives are now contributing.."

" I'm sorry, Earth is closed today." Tony said cutting off his speech. " You better pack it up and get outta here."

" Stonekeeper. Does this chattering animal speak for you?" The alien asked." Certainly not. I speak for myself. Your trespassing in this city and on this planet."

" He means gets lost, Squidward." Tony called out, and I struggled to keep a straight face as I pulled up the hood of my cloak. " He exhaust me." The alien told his companion. " Bring me the stone." As the Alien approached, Banner tried to turn into the Hulk, but when nothing happened we all gave him a look. Seriously, Hulk. Now?

Tony tapped his chest as he stepped forward to face the charging alien, and mu eyes widened at the new design. " Wow." I muttered in shock as a shield formed off the arm of his suit, along several repulzers which flew off his back. The large alien was knocked back toward his companion, who simply waved tossed him away with a wave of his hand into a nearby car.

" Where'd that come from?" Banner asked.

" Its nanotech. You like it? A little something I-" He was cut off as he was thrown into the air, and Stephen glanced over at me. " Alice." He said, motioning to Banner, and I nodded, placing a hand on his shoulder, teleporting away from the battle, just as Tony flew into a nearby tree. I let out a sigh as Banner ran over to him to check on him, only to be knocked out of the way as a hammer was thrown at him.

I teleported a car over to drop on the large alien, while Tony shot at him from above, only to flicker out of the way as he threw the car back at me. " Hey, no return to sender." I snapped, reappearing, just as the alien swung his hammer at Tony, only to find it stopped short. " Hey, man. What up, Mr. Stark." A familar voice greeted, and my eyes narrowed.

This was not my day.

" Kid, where'd you come from?" Tony asks.

" A field trip to MoMa." He responded before getting chucked toward the fountain." Um, what is this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?"

" Uh, he's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard." Firing at the alien, only to get a taxi thrown at him, which Peter launched back at him from above with his webbing. Stephen flew passed with the other alien and Tony sent him after them. " Yeah, yeah. You can yell at me later." Tony said, noticing my annoyed expression. The large alien threw something at Tony, locking him to the ground, and jumping into the air. I made a flicking motion with my hands and the alien disappeared, before being dropped through a portal that Wong had made a few feet away. I cringed as it cut off his hand, before turning to face tony as he broke free.

" Wong, Alice. Your invited to my wedding." He told us, flying off. I shared a look with Wong before I let I shook my head with a sigh. " Wong, can you get me on that ship?" I asked.

" Are you sure? That's a one way trip, Alice." He said, and I stared toward the ship.

You'll know

" I'm sure." I muttered.

************

Tony stood above where Stephen floated, being slowly tortured into giving up the Tim Stone. Tony jumped as the cloak of levitation appeared next to him, nearly blasting it out reflex. " Wow, your a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" He questioned, before Peter dropped from the ceiling.

" Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty.."

" What the..."

" I know what your gonna say."

" You should not be here." He told him.

" I was gonna go home."

" I dont wanna here it." 

" But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way..."

" And now I gotta hear it."

" And kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So, if anything, its kinda your fault that I'm here." He said and Tony looked at him. At that moment, I popped up a few away, my eyes narrowed as I crossed my arms, slowly burning a hole in the back of Tony Stark's head. Neither of them had noticed me yet, however." What did you just say?"

" I take that back." Peter said. " And now I'm here in space."

" Yeah, right where I didn't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. This is a one way ticket. You here me? Don't pretend you thought this through."

" No, I did think this through."

" You could not have possibly thought this through."

" You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spiderman if there's no neighborhood. Okay, that didn't really make sense, but you know what I'm trying to say." Peter said.

" You make a good point. " I said, and Tony stiffened before slowly turning to face me. " Then again, it doesn't stop me from teleporting your butt back to Earth." While Tony avoided looking me in the eye, Peter just grinned at me smugly. " Yes it does, because we're to far away. Unless, of course you suddenly learned how to do that since I last saw you."

Oh, you little...

Relenting, I turned toward the edge, Tony following behind me with Peter. " See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan?" He asked.

Peter thought about it for a moment, before getting an idea. " Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?" He asked.