Chapter 19

Chapter 19

April 27th, 2015

" Come on, the movies are totally better then the books." Peter complained, but I shook my head. " I have to disagree with you on that one, Pete. The books are more accurate. I really dont see why we're even arguing over this, I've met the characters face to face. I'm related to one of them for crying out loud."

We were sitting on the roof of Stark tower, having an argument that we had been having for the passed two years when I had returned with Thor from Asgard. It had been just in time for my birthday, so Peter had gifted me the first and second Hobbit movies. We had sat for hours going through it scene by scene just to see if what Heimdall had said about me being there was true, or not. 

I hadn't been in one scene, but it was still an amazing set of movies.

" Just for that, I dont think you should get an opinion." He said and I stared at him in shock." No, if anything, my opinion should matter the most." I stated, and he rolled his eyes. " You never did give me a straight answer about Thranduil."

" I dont know what you want me to say." I sighed leaning back to look at the sky above us.

" You pause the movie on his face every time. Did you fall for the guy?" He questioned, and I squeezed my eyes shut. It wasn't the first time that he had asked me, and I honestly didn't have an answer for him. I knew that Thranduil cared for me in some way, or at least I thought he did since he gave me the very jewels he went to war for, but Thranduil had never openly told me.

Not that I gave him the chance

" It doesn't matter, Peter." I muttered." There are to many factors that say its not possible."

" More like excuses your making." He retorted, and I glared at him as I sat up, before smirking. " Yeah, and what about you? Ned told me that you've got a crush of your own." I said, and his eyes widened before he began stutter over his words, his face turning bright red. " I...I have no idea what y...your talking." He denied, and I let out a laugh.

Something flew over our heads and Peter scrambled to his feet as he ran over to peer toward the landing below where Tony had just landed. " So cool." I heard him mutter as I joined him at the edge, and I rolled my eyes.

Such a fanboy.

" I could introduce you." I told Peter, and his eyes widened. " Really?" He squeaked, before quickly coughing. " I mean. No, no. That's alright. I have to go before Aunt May gets worried." He told me. " You'll call me when you get back from your mission tomorrow, right?" He asked and i nodded before watching as he jumped off the roof of the building and disappeared.

*******

I glanced around as I snuck through the hallways of the Hydra base, explosions from the forest outside shaking the building.

Everything was going according to plan. While I snuck passed and through any barrier that might be trying to keep us out, and shut it down, the rest of the team was drawing their attention outside by causing as much chaos as they could. Natasha and Clint could have done it, but with the forcefield I was the only on who could get inside without alerting the enemy.

Our goal, however, was not infiltration, it was recovery. 

" Not to rush you, or anything, Alice, but have you found the off switch yet?" Tony questioned through the com. in my ear, and I rolled my eyes, glancing around a corner to find a room full of panicked looking scientists, along with my goal. I let out a sigh as I pulled a smoke bomb off from my waist and tossed it into the room. 

" Once second." I said as the sound coughing followed the release of the smoke. I pulled my mask up and my hood down, before rushing into the room, ducking over and around the scientists, all without being seen or heard. " All yours." I told Tony shoving a USB into the drive on one of the computers. " Nice work, Alice. The off switch should be one floor down."

" Copy that." I said before teleporting into the room below, and attaching an arrow onto a extremely large machine. I ducked behind a desk as I clicked a button my wrist, squeezing my eyes shut as the machine sparked before exploding. " Come on in." I said, dust raining down from the ceiling.

" Thanks a lot, Alice. Head back to the ship." 

" Alright." I responded, just before something ran passed me, knocking me off my feet. I cursed out in elvish as I landed flat on my back, wincing in pain as a guy with in a black jacket appeared above me with a smirk, before running off.

" Enhanced." I spat in annoyance.