Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I glanced around the pillar with a smirk as two guards walked passed.

" Hey." I called out to the two of them, who spun around just before I snapped my fingers. They vanished just as Thor and Loki came around the corner with Jane, and I grinned in greeting just as the two guards dropped from the ceiling behind me. " I told you to distract them, not kill them." Thor reminded, and I rolled my eyes before turning to face the unconscious einherjar on the ground. I made a waving motion over them and they vanished again.

" Where did you send them?" Jane asked.

" Are we gonna keep talking, or are we gonna go." I retorted, before walking away, my arms crossed but as they went to follow me there was a loud thud from somewhere nearby.

Volstagg was waiting for us when we reached the ship belonging to the dark elves who had attacked Asgard. I looked around as we climbed in, before leaning against the side as Thor attempted to turn the thing on. " I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing." Loki said.

"  I said, " How hard can it be?"" Thor responded.

" Well whatever you're doing, brother, I suggest you do it faster." Loki pointed out as the sound of fighting started outside.

" Shut up, Loki."

" You must have missed something." Loki told him.

" No, I didn't." Thor retorted." I'm pressing every button on this thing."

" No, dont hit it. Just press it gently." Loki suggested

" I'm pressing it gently, its not working!" Thor told him, obviously not pressing it gently, and I shared a look with Jane. A moment later, the ship began to glow around us as it turned on, and Thor let out a laugh at his success. The ship shook as Thor turned it around, and I raised an eyebrow as Loki leaned toward his brother. " I think you missed a column." 

" Shut up!" Thor snapped at him in response, maneuvering the ship out of the palace. " Look, why dont you let me take over. I'm clearly the better pilot." Loki offered.

" Is that right? Well, out of the two of us, which one can actually fly?"

" Technically neither of you." I muttered.

" Shut up, Alice." Thor said, and I made a face, before looking over as Jane suddenly collapsed.

" Oh dear. Is she dead?" Loki asked, 

" Jane." Thor called out and waved her hand at him in response, as I went over to her. " Careful, Alice, we dont need your powers acting up right now." Thor said.

" Not touching." I responded raising my hands up in frost of me, only to quickly drop them when they started to flicker in an out of exsistence. Thor didn't seem to notice but Loki was giving me a weird look. The ship shook and I stumbled as the ship tore through another building. " Now they're following us." Loki called out, and the ship shook again. " Now the they're firing at us."

" Yeah, thank you for the commentary, Loki, its not at all distracting." Thor snapped, just before he took the head off a statue. " Well done. You just decapitated your grandfather."

I glanced over as the door on the side of the ship opened and bit my lip to hold back a snicker when Loki was cut off mid rant and shoved backwards out of the ship. " I'm so glad I dont have siblings, how do you put up with him?" I asked moving toward the door while he picked up Jane.

" I'll tell you when I have an answer." He mumbled, before we jumped from the ship, but just before I landed my whole body flickered and I found myself falling through the ship. I squeezed my eyes shut as I had a flashback to when i had fallen down the stairs after first getting my powers. As if reacting to my fear, my powers once again activated and I landed on the floor of the ship with muffled, " Ow."

" Alice, are you alright? What happened?"

I let out a groan, sitting up just in time to watch my legs flicker in and out. " Whatever is happening, its getting worse." I muttered, before another ship appeared behind us." Fandral."

" Right. After you, Lady Alicia." Our companion called out, and I grinned before climbing up on the railing of the boat, while Fandral grabbed a nearby rope. " For Asgard." Fandral said before swinging onto the ship behind us.

" Dont leave me in there for to long, alright. I've spent enough time in a cell to know it gets old fast." I told Thor, who nodded in response.

" Nice meeting you, Jane. Good luck." I called out, before jumping backwards off the boat, landing in front of Fandral who was there to catch me incase I slipped. " We are so getting arrested." I said watching as Loki drove the boat into a mountain, and disappeared in flash of light.

When we returned to Asgard, Odin waiting to take us into custody,  and in a matter of minutes I was locked once again in a prison dungeon.