Chapter 4

Chapter 4

" Alice." I heard someone say, pulling me from my nap, and I let out a groan turning my head away. " Thranduil, no. I'm to tired for sword training." I complained

" I don't recognize that language." Someone said, and I opened my eyes to find that Natasha was now siting to my left. " Neither do I." I heard Thor say, from where he now paced behind me, and I rolled my eyes, before I started to drift back off again, only to snap awake with a gasp, nearly falling out of chair. I looked around wildly, before relaxing back in my chair, my hands over my eyes. During my journey through Middle Earth, I had been attacked and captured by Orcs. Sometimes, I dreamt of that moment, and unlike the actual event, I wasn't saved. The dream would repeat over and over again until I eventually awoke most nights screaming in terror, or in a cold sweat. " You okay?" She asked.

" Yeah." I said.

" Your obviously not."

I was quiet as my heart slowed to its normal pace, before sitting up with a sigh. " Its Elvish." I said, and she looked over at me in confusion." As in actual Elves."

" There are several dialects like that in the nine realms, but I've never heard that one." Thor stated, and I leaned back to look at the ceiling. " Because in our dimension its not, unless your looking at a fantasy novel, or movie. I'm not an expert in the language, but I can understand it enough to speak it."

" Dimension?"

" In this world, I discovered my power over two weeks ago. In another, I've had it for two months." I said. " I was riding my bike through a storm, when this car came out of nowhere, and knocked me off the road. I pulled the lady free from the car, but the post she had hit fell on us. The next thing I knew, we were somewhere else, another world. Another dimension." I explained." A lot of things happened after that, I found out that the mother I thought left me was from that world, along with my grandmother, and my grandfather's people, and that I'm descended from this whole great legacy of warriors and kings."

" Wait what?" Thor and Natasha both said turning to face me.

" Anyway, I fought in a war to save their world, and left it behind because I'm selfish." I concluded, before getting up to stretch my arms. " Steve mentioned recognizing me from somewhere." I told Natasha, before looking at Thor. " Loki did to. The only way that that could be possible is if either my grandmother, or mother, met them at some point."

" Why do you suspect that?" Natasha asked.

" Because the only difference between the three of us is the color of our eyes." I said, before walking away. I didn't know where I was going, but somehow I ended up near the lab where Tony and Bruce were working. I was just about to go in, when I caught movement, and turned just as a girl with dark hair appeared next to me, nearly giving e a heart attack. " Oops, sorry about that."

" Geez." I breathed, and she smiled sheepishly. " I'm Sam. I'm standing in for Aria." She told me, and I nodded. " So, anything you can tell me." I asked.

" Just that you should follow your instincts, and keep your eyes open at all times." She said, and I made a face. " Sorry." She said again, before vanishing in a swirl of shadow, and I looked toward the lab with a sigh as everyone began to file in. My instincts definitely told me to avoid that room as everyone started arguing, but as I turned to walk away, the room exploded, and I was knocked into the wall behind me. I laid on the ground for a moment, my ears ringing and my eyes blurry, before I let out groan and picked myself up off the ground, stumbling slightly.

This was really not my week.

A loud roar quickly proved my point.