Chapter 11

Chapter 11

You could have heard a pin drop as my voice echoed through the throne room, before Odin stood. " Impossible. Edith left us centuries ago, Melody decades. Your far to young to be related to either of them in such a way."

" Edith married a chief of a tribe known as the Dunedain. They were a very ancient people from another world, and lived much longer then other humans. Both my mother and granmother possessed the ability to travel between dimensions, an ability I also possess."

" And you expect me to just believe this?" He questioned.

" I dont expect you to do anything, although if you do need further proof you could ask Hiemdall. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige in confirming all this." I said, and Odin stared at me like I had suddenly grown an extra head. " Now, I have some packing to do, so I'll leave you to your war planning. Your majesties." I said dipping my head to each of them, before turning and leaving the throne room.

The moment I was out of sight, I practically ran to my room, where I closed myself in and sank to the floor, releasing a long breath.

" Well, that went well." Sam said from where she sat on my bed, and I gave her look. I pulled myself off as I walked over to start gathering all my things into my backpack. I just zipped the bag closed, and was about to change to leave when a knock on the door had me pausing halfway to the bathroom. " Lady Alicia?" Thor's voice called out, and I glanced toward Sam who vanished. Pulling the door open, I peered out to find a pale faced Thor staring back at me, behind him stood a grinning Frigga.

" Yes?" I questioned when they didn't say anything, and Frigga rushed forward to pull me into her arms. " Oh, I'm so happy."

" What-" I started to question as I pulled away, only to be yanked back.

" Edith and I were so close. Practically sisters. You might as well be mine."

" Your not upset that I didn't tell you?" I asked.

" Oh, of course I'm upset. Edith had a child and never told me, but I can look passed that, on one condition." She said, before giving Thor a look.

" The All-father is allowing you to remain in Asgard, but when we go to battle you are to go with us." He said.

" And when the fighting is done, you are to return here, if you so wish." Frigga said.

" How long?"

" We predict a year at most." Thor responded. " We leave at dawn tomorrow."

I nodded, before closing the door and leaning forward to press my head against the wood.

What have you gotten yourself into, Alice

********

I let out a yawn as I followed Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three toward the bifrost. " I told you we would be leaving early." Thor laughed bumping my shoulder. I stumbled slightly, before looking away in annoyance.

I would have slept a bit more, if the nightmares hadn't kept me up most of the night. I hadn't had one since coming back from Middle Earth, but I should have expected them to rear their ugly head at some point. During my time in Middle Earth, I had been captured by a group of Orcs. They had nearly killed me, but Legolas and Thranduil had saved me just seconds before one had taken off my head.

Thranduil claimed that they had targeted me specifically, but was uncertain to who had done it.

" Alice?" Thor questioned, my head shot up before I hurried toward him and the others who stood waiting for me. " Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Thor questioned, and I nodded, my hand going to Rift 2.0 which was tucked away in my pocket.

Heimdal opened the Bifrost and the swirling vortex opened before us. 

" No turning back now." I said before we stepped through.