Sequel Part 1

"My love for you will last forever"

A few years later...

"Are you ready?" He held my hand as we walked down the stairs together covered will black lining.

"Are you?" He asked again.

I stopped and he felt the tension so he did as well. I couldn't even stare at him the same anymore it wasn't a spark between those eyes of his.

"I still have answers Corbyn." I leaned my back unto the rail swaying my black pointy heels back and forth. "Why now?" I asked him.

"It's not my choice to leave you here." He observed the surroundings around the room to make sure no one heard. "Ima still be in your heart forever if you let me be." He grabbed my hand quickly grazing his thumb over it.

"My love for you will last forever Micah." He kissed my cheek softly. It felt so soft I couldn't even touch him because he wasn't even there.

...

"Mom! Are you ready yet?" I rushed quickly through the bathroom as Blu yelled out my name for the second time. "Mom!" She yelled again. 

"Blu, I'm coming hold on a second." I quickly looked at myself in the mirror and left out before I could leave I gave quick glance back at his side of the bedroom filled with his items that were packed in a box. "I'm gonna be strong for you today," I said quietly to myself.

"Ma! Jace keeps hitting me." My daughter Willow ran up to me knocking me out of my trance.

"I'll handle you two later but we don't want to miss today." I took her hand as we both walked downstairs.

"It's about time we're going to be late." Blu rolled her eyes as she walked outside. She was growing up and that attitude of hers was getting her popped on a daily since he's been gone.

"I don't have time for this shit today," I whispered to myself. I had to hold it in for him but any other day her ass would've got handled. "Buckle them in the car for me Blu." I told her.

...

"Ya'll are so irritating!" Blu stomped around as her siblings bothered her. "Mom!" She yelled. My eyes averted over to my children pushing each other around.

"Is she going to be able to handle her kids with him gone?" A lady who stood next to me whispered to her friend group.

I hated the fact that all eyes were on me and our children but all the non-stop gossiping rumors were a bit true. I didn't know if I was going to be able to raise them the same way without him here. He was like the glue that held us all together.

Tears ran down my face as I looked into the room where his body laid in the coffin. It's been 5 months since he's been gone and I still wasn't ready for this moment.

Dylan and Eve walked in with their families and Chase was right behind them. They were dressed beautifully as usual and their kids always behaved. I felt like the odd one out of the group now. No husband anymore, badass kids, and I was a living trainwreck.

"Micah, you good?" Chase rubbed circles around my back as he felt the thick tension. I turned to his chest falling right into his arms crying my eyes out. "We got you, sis." He told me.

"We got you."

...

Rest in Peace Corbyn..