XXXI

October 13th_________

October 13th
_________

"Damn why ya nigga never picking you up." Herb ranted on and on while holding my bags in his hand taking them to his car.

"Why you always in my business?" I shrugged as he opened up the door for me. Herb threw up his middle finger in the window and then walked to his side.

I couldn't lie and say Herb did things that East never did which was be a gentlemen even though he got on my last nerves he treated me with the upmost respect. East was the exact opposite he had that "hood" charm so he lure you in with his mouth and not actions.

"You not getting the fucking aux today I'm tired of listening to the "City Girls"." Herb said but I snatched the plug from him anyway.

"I wasn't even going play them dumbass." I rolled my eyes as my long nails tapped across my phone screen.

Herb eyed me and shook his head gently sneaking the plug back and turning the volume up. He bumped his head to the rap music while he drove with one hand on the wheel and the other hand was holding his blunt.

"Herb what's ya real name?" I asked him as my voice all of sudden got softer.

"None of ya business." He blew out the smoke from his blunt and proceeded to ignore the question.

I knew he wasn't going to tell me but his ID was laid down in the club department of the car. I decided to open it and grabbed it before he noticed me.

"Hebert Randall Wright III." I read out loud. He quickly glanced at me and snatched his ID out my hand.

"Fuck is ya going through my shit foh Dylan." Herb said aggressively not trying to yell but his cheeks flushed up red meaning that it was a tough topic for him.

I flinched a bit since i never seen him like this I didn't know how much it had hurt him I was just doing it as a simple joke. Herb suddenly got quiet as his chest slowly heaved up and down. I started to feel extremely bad but I didn't want to say anything I just let him drive it out.

He was speeding through the streets even though it was a little scary I knew he wouldn't put me in danger like that. We had made it to his apartment complex in a quickie. Me and Herb we're living together since I didn't have nowhere to stay for awhile he told me he would let me live here I just have to pay half of the rent which was fine.

Herb got out the car slamming the door behind him. He still opened up mine for me even though I could see the anger through his eyes. It wasn't just anger but deep down it was pain too.

Before he went to take the bags out I slightly pushed him back against the car door. He tried to nudge me off but I gave him a pleading look so he could stop.

"H-herb I didn't mean it to hurt you like that I didn't know." I looked him in his eyes. We were standing so close to each other I could feel the warm ness of his body reach mine.