XXXVII

5 months later

5 months later..

April 5th
________

"Blu if you don't bring ya lil bad ass over here!" Corbyn raised his voice as his young daughter crawled around the couch with his underwear in her tiny hands. "Don't be cursing at my child nigga." I told him giving him the eyebrow.

He rolled his neck imitating me and grabbed up Blu snatching his underwear out of her hands making her holler out in complete tears.

"Get ya daughter man." He handed her over to me as he went up to change.

This new life we had we were slowly adjusting to it with a child and me still finishing up with college and him having to work all the time was pretty stressful for both of us but he's been the best person I could ask for this I guess that would mean we're gonna be ok.

"Blu said she loves her daddy." I rocked her as she quickly stopped crying. Corbyn looked back on the steps at the both of us. "She definitely said fuck daddy." He chuckled.

"I think I wanna fuck daddy." I leaned on the counter giving him a slight smirk.

"Micah say sum else and you gon end up with one mo of those." He pointed to Blu. I noticed her looking straight into my eyes. I still couldn't believe we made this little beautiful girl.

I put her down in the rocker as I went back to my computer finishing up an essay that was due in a few hours. As I was about to take a seat an loud abrupt knock came upon the door.

I slid my flip flops on and walked towards the door stepping up on my tippytoes I looked out from the peep hole seeing a much mature woman but with a big poked out belly as well. She was pregnant.

"Hi, uhm is Corbyn here?" I opened the door as she asked with a low smile.

"Yes, this is our home how may I help you?" I slowly leaned against the side of the door tapping my foot as a bunch of thoughts ran through my mind.

"Oh, I need to tell him something important do you mind if I come inside?" She asked but slowly and surely moved closer pushing us both inside the home.

"Well it seems like your already inside." I gave her a slight fake grin.

She looked around the house analyzing every little bit of items that was in here until she stopped and looked at my daughter who was asleep in her rocker.

"Is that his daughter?" She asked me.

"She's our daughter..anyway you can take a seat if you'd like and Corbyn should be down any minute." I told her making way to the couch as we both sat down.

The room was cut in awkward silence as the only thing you could hear was my fingers typing off of the keyboard. I was confused on why she was here but I wasn't a mean person so I let her in hoping that my negative thoughts weren't true at all.

Corbyn's footsteps banged against the stairs alarming that he was making his way down here. "Fuck ya in here all quiet for?" He said until he stopped in his tracks noticing the two of us sitting on the couch.

"Corbyn Hey, we need to talk." She stood up from the couch.

"About?" He asked her.

"Something between us." She gave a quick glance at me and then back to him.

"Us?" I blurted out.

"Micah chill, we're going to talk and that's it." He nodded at the woman I still didn't have a name of and led her into his office to talk privately.

There was just something that didn't feel right about this very situation here and I had a feeling she was going to be a great reason if I and Corbyn get into an argument. So instead of me of finishing up my work, I followed them as I heard the door shut.

I out my ear too the door as I suddenly heard them arguing over some sort of issue that I couldn't get the gist of. Maybe this wasn't a bad thing and I was just tripping but I leaned my ear against the door once again.

"What the fuck you mean that you got my kid?" Corbyn paced back and forth in the room. "And you was just gon keep this from for three years?" He yelled at her.

"Corbyn I was scared to tell you about him I thought you would've left us and now that I see you're better now I just thought-

"You thought what? Fuck did you think? I gotta whole girlfriend and daughter what the fuck am I gon tell them." He said to her.

" I think we could make arrangements for him, you just have to meet him Corbyn, please." She pleaded and cried out loudly.

"If I do this shit are you willing to take a DNA test because how the fuck I know you ain't just playing me to mess up what I got going on." He told her.

"Corbyn we never used protection the fuck! He's your kid now step up!" She ran out the door with tears running down her face.

I stood up from the couch in complete tears after what I heard from outside that door. I knew the child was before me but the fact that it even happened just hurted me and I knew it was selfish but I didn't care at the moment.

They both looked at me dumbfounded and in shock knowing that I heard what they were talking about. "I-i have to go just call me when you figure out how to be a good father to our son." The woman left leaving me and Corbyn alone.

"Micah.." He tried to come over and touch me but I mushed his hand away.

"Don't even think about it right now Corbyn." I told him wiping away the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks.

"I didn't know you can't be mad at me for not knowing Micah." He said to me.

"I'm not mad at you Corbyn...but this hurts so much and I can't do it." I shook my head at him.

"Nah you can't give up on us Micah were just in the beginning, I'm in love with you." He told me trying to hold me again but I pushed him.

"Until you figure out all that and step up to being a father again like she said then i'll see whatever this is but for now we're through." I told him.

"What about Blu? You can't just leave me like that Micah that's not fair man." He looked at me with straight hurt.

"What's not fair is that kid! We can co-parent from here I just don't want to see your face right now." I wiped my face leaving him here alone to go and grab my things.

"Life just ain't fair.."

....

To be continued...