XVII: Happy New Year!!

A/N: I apologize to those who live in asia, specifically those who live near south east asia. The new years are over but HAPPY NEW YEAR.

"(Y/N) where are you taking me?" Hitoshi asked breathlessly due to jogging from the elevator to the other end of the hallway of the dorm. I wanted to take him to the roof where I chill and watch sunsets.

"The roof! Hurry before it hits twelve!" I exclaimed while I rushed to unlock my dorm room. I quickly opened the window and shot a silk rope for us to climb on the roof.

"Cmon!" I yelled before climbing up the rope.

"Alright." He answered. He started climbing after I made it to the roof.

Finally, we both sat down facing the part of the city where I assumed the fireworks will take place. I checked my phone to see what time it was and we had a minute left before the fireworks go off.

"Are you comfortable sitting there?" I chuckled seeing Hitoshi us trying to adjust himself on the roof. The texture of the roof is quite rough and a little steel so I made a little web for us to relax.

"That's better." He said comfortably with a soft smile on his face.

"Look 10 seconds before the year ends!" I showed my phone to him.

We started counting down.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

The fireworks went off and it was absolutely beautiful. It was like splatter of paint that wipes off before new ones painted the sky. It reminded me of the time when I started catching feelings for him.

"Happy New Year!!!!!" I yelled out before taking out a kazoo and started to blow the hell out of it.

"Happy New Year (Y/N)" He greeted. I looked at him. He was admiring the fireworks as gazed at his eyes. I could see the reflection of the fireworks twinkling from it. He then looked at me and smirked.

"How long are you gonna stare at me for?" He teased while softly pinching my nose.

"I wasn't staring." I blushed then turn around facing away from him.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know. The last time we watched the fireworks together. That's when I knew that I liked you." I confessed still turning away from him. I didn't hear him respond. When his arm slid on my shoulders and stopped once I felt the side of my body next to his, he pushed my head which made it lean on his shoulder. I couldn't hear nothing but small explosions from the distance and a few of our classmates outside. They couodn't see us because we were at the opposite from the enterance of the dorms. I had a blank face but what I felt inside was butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"I think I liked you before our little trip but I didn't want to admit that I do." He finally responded. I could hear him a little better since his mouth is now closer to my ear. I started to relax and loss the awkward tension. I took a deep breath and sighed. There's nothing for me to be afraid of when I'm with him.

Suddenly, he let go of me and faced me. He moved closer to me and softly grabbed my chin. I stared at his eyes while he stared at mine. There was nothing going on inside my head, pure nothingness. I didn't realize what was happening until I started closing my eyes and felt his soft lips pressing lightly against mine. Then a sudden burst of emotions took over my whole body and realized what was happening. I realized that I was under his spell. The fireworks still went off and it really made the moment a bit better. We the both let go and noticed a pink tink plastered on his cheeks. I smiled and kissed him on the forehead.

"I like you a lot (Y/N)." He said .

"I like you a lot too Hitoshi." 

A/N:
HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN. Also to those advanced since it's over for us Asians here. I hope 2021 will be better than last year and bring happiness for all of us. Have a great day/evening everyone!!