Chapter II: Ichika

I knocked on his door twice, the door opened a few seconds later but it wasn't Hitoshi who opened the door. It was his mom. She had grayish purple hair and brown eyes.

"you must be (y/n), come in!" She welcomed and opened the door wider. I walked in after removing my shoes. His house was neat and simple, the first thing I saw when I walked in was a black cat sitting on it's gray climbing tree.

"Please sit on the couch, make yourself at home. Hitoshi is just fixing his room a bit with the dirty cat he brought home." She explained while getting the tea and placing it on the living room table.

Smiled at the fact that his mom allowed him to bring a stray cat to his home. I sat down on the couch with his mom who gave me hot tea. I bowed and thanked her while grabbing the tea. Then I felt Kuro sat next to me since his fur touched my arm. He seems friendly

"Hitoshi told me you stood up for him." She pointed out while holding her tea with both hands on her thighs. After taking a sip from the delicious homemade tea I admitted that I did which made her smile.

"Thank you so much not only for standing up for my son but you also stood up for me. It means the world for the both of us. Hehe, I'm sorry if our first talk is emotional. But you have no idea how much this will have in impact on Hitoshi." She added.

"Of course. He didn't deserve that kind of bash. I know his quirk will make him a hero." I replied genuinely.

Before I could continue my conversation with his mom, Hitoshi walked in the living room with a black tank top and gray sweatpants on holding the cat.

"Mom can I borrow (y/n)?"

"Go (y/n). Hitoshi don't make a mess in the bathroom please."

"Yes mom."

minutes later in the bathroom...

"So is it a girl or a boy?" I asked squatting with Hitoshi in front of the tub.

He was "examining" the kitten in the tub with a towel. We decided to figure out the gender after washing it so it's more surprising. The cat didn't really give us a hard time cleaning it, it wants it clean as much as we do.

"It's a girl." He answered after checking it and wrapping the towel around the kitten for it to dry.

"What are you going to name her?" I asked still squatting looking at Hitoshi.

He looked at me like he was thinking and came up with a name a few seconds later then looked back at the kitten.

"Ichika." He replied giving the kitten a warm smile.

"She really is a gift from the gods." I commented and gave the kitten a soft pinch on it's cheek.

It was getting a bit late, it's Thursday so we have school on tomorrow. I hope it's different, more quiet about Shinso's quirk. I said my goodbyes to his mom, Ichika and Kuro. Hitoshi decided to walk me home as a thank you gesture. We stopped at the pathway to my door.

"Thank you for today (y/n)." He thanked and bowed.

"Ah! you don't have to do that." He touched him and raised him up so he stands. I let go after he stood straight.

"You don't deserve to be treated that way. Besides, we're friends now!" I added and gave him a big smile. He smiled back but it wasn't as big as mine, but it was enough.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at crosswalk?"

"Yeah, see you there."