XVII: Thank you

"Did you see Bakugo's face??" Mina whispered to my ear trying to hold back her laugh from what happened a few seconds ago.

Denki and Mineta thought it was a good idea to prank Bakugo by putting a whoopee cushion before he sits on his chair. It was a classic joke but he fell for it.

"He makes that face when he's mad. You that face right??" I joked with Mina who was sitting on my desk. She laughed in response.

Some people were laughing or running around trying not to be killed by angry Bakugo, a few were quiet, and there's the class president scolding most of the people in our classroom. The class became a little noisy this early in the morning.

"Ugh it's too early for this." Tokoyami whined before we folding his arms on the table and rested his head on it.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed on my table and made a ring sound. I took it from my table and turned it on.

👁👜
Come outside

(Y/N)
typing...

(Y/N)
Why

👁👜
typing..

👁👜
dont ask come out

(Y/N)
Yes Sir 🙈

I dropped my phone on the table and told Mina I'll be back before I walked to the door. When I slid it open, I saw Hitoshi resting his back on the wall standing up with his hands inside his pockets.

"Is this a drug deal?" I asked while closing the classroom door.

"You're full of jokes today aren't you." He commented while taking his hands off his pockets and walked towards me with raised eyesbrows with a little curve on one side mouth.

"Why d'ya summon me?" I asked when he stopped in front of me.

"I kinda want to thank you?" He said while looking away from me gazing at the window.

"For what?" I questioned tilting my head to the said a little with one eyebrow raised. I was confused why he thanked me, I done small gestures but the fact that he thanked me in person as if I did something big for him kinda threw me off.

"I sort of can't wait to tell you about it. I was training with, you know, and I learned a new technique from you during the sportsfest. It helped me with my binding cloth. It helped me. A lot." He explained briefly. He looked away and looked me then looked at the floor while he was explaining it, just like how a child talks to someone when they're shy. I couldn't help but pinch his cheek.

"..."

"Why." Hitoshi spoke.

"You're welcome." I replied letting go of his cheek.

"You should thank yourself for picking that up. Man it took me a while to perfect it." I added as I shyly held my hands behind my back.

Hitoshi grinned.

His passion and determination made him grow day by day.