Chapter IV: The Train Ride

"Mom, Dad I'm off!" I called out while I put on my shoes.

Hitoshi already carried my luggage and put in inside Oba-san's car. She's willing to drive us to the train station to Tokyo. My parents already knew Hitoshi's parents before Hitoshi and I started talking. Surprisingly our dads work for the same company. But they never talked about their kids since they're busy with work, which is understanding. They never told us that they already knew each other, they thought we knew already. But ever since we became friends our parents started talking to each other.

"Stay safe, text us when something happen. well I doubt it, I have a strong daughter. But still, text us. My dad explained next to my mom.

My dad was one of those dorky dads, but he's serious when he needs to be. Apparently his coworkers enjoy being around him. He's optimistic and hardworking, not to mention very smart.

They both were standing in front of me. My dad's in his work uniform, my mom as well. They'll leave after I leave.

"Dad~" I giggled.

"Alright, I'm going, stat safe at work. I love you both!" I added as I jogged towards the cube car (they're common in Japan, plus they're spacious)

They waved in reply and I hopped in the car next to Hitoshi and drove off.

"Mom, are you okay driving us there? We could've taken the bus." He asked moving closer to the drivers seat to see his mother.

"It's fine, I just wanted to stretch my legs and go out after dropping you both off." She responded looking at the rear-view mirror of the car to look at Hitoshi.

"Alright." He replied and sitting back to look out the window.

"Thank you so much for paying for our trip Oba-san. Also driving us to the bus station, I wish I can repay you hehe." I thanked her looking at the mirror.

"Oh you don't have to. You already repayed me but making Shinso happy." She explained looking at me back by using the mirror.

I giggled and looked at Shinso who was looking away making sure I don't see his face. He's seems to be focused at looking out.

After 20 minutes of Oba-san explaining where to go, asking me if I brought my Yukata, what to do if any villains were to attack us on sight. It's actually useful information. Eventually we arrived, thankfully the train station isn't crowded. Oba-san parked her car at the parking lot and Hitoshi grabbed both of our luggages.

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded. We said our goodbyes to his mother and we walked off. It was 11 in the morning, my stomach grumbled. We entered the train station and walked through the machine that scanned out tickets.

"Can we go to Family Mart? I'm kind of hungry." He asked Hitoshi pulling his arm sleeve. I forgot to mention he was wearing a loose thin knitted gray sweater, black jeans and white shoes.

"Yeah, I'm kind of hungry too. Let's go."

We walked inside Family Mart and got myself the food I wanted. Hitoshi grabbed 3 packs of mochi, a big bottle of water, gyoza and 2 pieces of chicken from the cashier.

"A big eater aren't ya~" I commented next to him as I waited for him to pay.

He gave me a little smirk and a small giggle.

"Yeah, I'll need energy for later." He replied.

I smiled in response and we headed out to see a crowd surrounding the area where we'll wait for outr train. Luckily for us it wasn't first come first serve, Oba-san already got us seats assigned to us. But going in the train, we have to be in a hurry. Trains here are accurate and fast, they don't like to disappoint the riders by being late. Also we had 2 minutes left to walk there before the train arrives.

"I didn't expect that much people to go to Tokyo today." I pointed out as we walked towards the train.

Suddenly the train arrived and we walked through the crowd. I grabbed on Hitoshi's luggage handle since he was in front of me and we won't break apart. When we got to our seats a little close to the front. I noticed how great the windows are, they're big. Plus we had seats facing it with a table in front of us. It's meant to admire the view while the train runs. We couldn't see anything but the tracks ans the other trains. Oba-san probably paid a lot I feel so badd.

Hitoshi placed out luggages on the luggage conpartment and with both sat down. Seconds later the train departures. We have to stay in here for an hour. I don't mind. Hitoshi started to eat his food, I did as well. While we were eating, he was watching cat videos. He noticed that I was watching it too so he placed on of his earbuds on my right ear and his phone in the middle. We would giggle at the funny parts together. He a bit full and left two mochi's for me to eat.

After eating, we passed through the flower fields. Each row had a variety color of Dahila's Tulips, Daffodils, you name it. It's been around 25 minutes since we departured. I pointed the view out to Hitoshi and he took a short video of it since taking a picture would blur the view since the train is moving with speed.

"My mom loves flowers." He commented.

I assume that he'll send the video of the marvelous view to his mom. I smiled knowing how adorable he is when it comes to his mom. Don't worry he loves his dad equally. But since his mom is home alone sometimes while his dad is working hard to provide for his family, It was like Hitoshi was taking care of her. I admire him for that.

10 minutes later he fell asleep. Since we were sitting side ways of the train, his head unintentionally moved to my shoulder. I flinched a bit. He doesn't seem like much of a snorerand looks peaceful when he sleeps. Like a cat. I didn't mind pushing him away. His hair tickled my cheeks a bit but it's okay.