The Day I Lost Him

It was a beautiful  busy day in a village located in the Kingdom of Aeredale. The town were busy with mothers cleaning,cooking or peforming other  household chores, fathers were working in the garden or cleaning their yards while watching their children play. Laughter filled the air as kids were running about and playing with each other, however not all kids were outside; Ten year old Ryan would always be inside watching his father, Ryden craft tools and other items. The blacksmith stood at his worktable with his crafting tools, prepared to make a sword. "Alright Ryan, are you ready to make that sword?" The little boy  jumped up and down as he couldn't contain his excitement. "Yeah! Are you gonna show me how to use it too!?" Ryden laughed at his son's actions. "Yes I will show you, but let's make it first. "He said and reached up to grab a blueprint off the shelf and spread it on the table, it showed four types of swords: A Shortsword, a Falchion, a Longsword and a Broadsword. "Go ahead son, pick one." Young Ryan placed a hand on his chin while scanning over the diagram . "Hmm, I like that one. He said pointing to the longsword and dad smiled. "Good choice, let's get started".

The next morning, Ryden placed the finishing touches on the sword. He let out a yawn as he saw the sun begin to rise; rubbing the sleep out light green eyes, he took a small dark blue circle gem out of his pocket and inserted it into the rain guard of the weapon. He then looked back at Ryan's sleeping figure with a sad smile. "It's almost time...". He then shifted his gaze and looked at the sword he made with Ryan; he then looked at the child who was sleeping peacefully,gently stroking his thick, orange spiked back hair. Ryden took the sword and went down the stairs to the basement. After turning on the light, he walked up to a trophy case that was covered with a white sheet. He pulled it off and lifted the glass top;placing the weapon on a stand. "I hope you take care of it Ry... I'm sorry" He said with a little sadness in this voice before closing it and placing the sheet back on it. Moments later,he heard the door kick in and thudding on the ground above him. He took a deep breath. "Time to face up to King Blake". He headed up to the shop. When he got there, he saw 5 soldiers standing in the shop, each holding a weapon in his hand; he spotted Ryan who was cowering in fear. They made eye contact the child and ran towards him;clinging to his father's leg as the soldier walked up to him. "Mr. Ryden, now is the time, are you ready to go?" When Ryan heard those words he looked up at his father confused. "Dad what's he talking about?" The blacksmith bent down to his eye level. "Ryan, I've been requested by King Blake to become his personal blacksmith; which means I'm going to have to leave you."  As he heard this, Ryan felt his heart sink as tears stung at his eyes. "What…no! You- You can't go! I need you..." He said as his voice cracked up. " Yeah, well I need him too kid!" A deep, raspy spoke up and the soilders parted the way for King Blake. Ryan looked at the man as he walked towards him. He wore dark blue breastplate, pauldron and tassets with gold accents paired with black pants and combat boots walked up to the father-son duo. " I need him so that he could sharpen all of my armies equipment; besides I heard that your father is the best blacksmith in the village and I only work with the best!" He said trying to sugarcoat the situation but Ryan's saddness quickly turned into anger. " I don't  care that you need him of some blacksmith work; he's still my dad and I won't allow  you take him from me!" The evil king narrowed his eyes and glared at the child,he then snapped his fingers and the soilders seized Ryden while King Blake grabbed Ryan by his shirt collar and he struggled to get out of his grip. He then pushed him into one of store shelves, causing a bottle of tonic to break on his head. "Ryan!" Ryden screamed as he tried to get himself out of the soilder's grip." Let me go! I need to get to my son!" King Blake cackled loudly as he roughed Ryan up, covering him up with bruises and scratches; enjoying every second of it. "Do you really think that you could stand up to me?!" He said as he took out a small dagger from underneath his clothes and cut Ryan on his face making him wince in pain. "Ryan!" His  father screamed even louder  and glared the villain. "Leave my boy alone Blake!" He was taken aback by Ryden' s speech and narrowed his eyes,  dropping Ryan  as he turned towards him." You dare address me informally?! I'll have to deal with you when we get back to the castle! I think it's time  we take our leave, I've spent enough time in this dump...". He snapped his fingers as they turned to leave;as the soldiers left, Ryden called for Ryan. As King Blake began to leave he heard the floorboards creek and looked back to see a weak Ryan limping towards him. He walked up to him and pinched the side of his neck. "Don't even think about it kid; you couldn't  beat me even if you tried!" He jeered as Ryan struggled to breathe, his vision getting darker with every passing second"Dad..." He whispered before collapsing.

"This is the beginning of the tale of  how I lost my father"