DETENTION

After a few days under Madam Pomfrey's care she walked over to your bed to do her final checks and discharge you. She placed a thermometer in your mouth and noted your perfect temperature.

You looked over at the bed opposite where Draco had been placed previously.

"Madam Pomfrey, where is Draco?" You asked.

"Oh Mr Malfoy was discharged yesterday morning. He was very brave you know when he caught you as you fell but, if it wasn't for Professor Snape's protection spell you would have both been killed" She said as she signed and handed your discharge form with a warm smile.

Draco caught me? Professor Snape cast a protection spell?

You smiled back at Pomfrey as you folded up the discharge letter and placed it into your pocket.

"You can join class later on in the afternoon so go enjoy a couple of hours to yourself" Pomfrey said as she walked you out of the hospital wing.

You took a slow walk back to the dungeons finding your feet again. The castle was quiet as everyone was attending class, you enjoyed the peace and quiet without being fearful of being caught for once.

You entered your dormitory and sat down on your bed, the freshly laid sheets enticed your tired eyes.

I could probably squeeze in a quick nap?

That 'quick nap' soon turned into a few hours, the comfort of being in your own bed consumed you.

You woke in shock from a nightmare panting rapidly. You remembered seeing a flash of light, the sound of screaming so loud it could instantly shatter a glass but then you heard a young boy shout your name but his face was blurry, the same boy you from your reoccurring memories.

You wiped the beads of sweat off of your forehead as your heart beat calmed down then rushing out of bed and to potions, you were around 20 minutes late by the time you arrived.

Snape looked up from the parchment he was reading. The only seat free was beside Draco so you sat quietly next to him and pulled your potions book out of your satchel.

"What time do you call this Miss Y/ln?" Snape snapped, raising his voice slightly.

The sound of him raising his voice caught you by surprise and made you jump.

"With so much to catch up on arriving 20 minutes late without explanation is unacceptable. Detention" he said sternly.

Your heart sank.

Everyone stared at you waiting for you to say something but you couldn't get the words out, you just felt mentally exhausted from everything that had happened recently.

Snape stormed over to your desk and slammed his hands down on it with force.

"Are you deaf?" Snape spat.

You didn't have the energy to give him eye contact.

"Make that a month of detention instead then perhaps that will give you more time to learn respect, you answer me when spoken to" Snape shouted.

The class was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

Anxiety took over, sending you into a panic attack. You stormed off out of the classroom with tears filling your eyes, your vision was blurry and your chest felt heavy.

The class looked at Snape in shock.

"Get on with your work" Snape demanded as turned on the spot, his black cloak swaying with him. He stormed out of the classroom and followed you.