PUNISHMENT

ⓘ NSFW

As you walked into charms the classroom fell silent, everyone turned staring at you.

"Sorry I am late Professor Flitwick, I was with Professor Snape" You said as you sat down next to Katie.

"That is fine Miss Y/ln, we haven't started yet" Flitwick replied.

"You're alive, thank god. I was beginning to worry Professor Snape wasn't going to let you see the light of day after that" Katie whispered, sighing with relief.

"I'm fine, don't worry" You whispered, smiling.

"It was about time someone put Pansy in her place" Katie whispered, nodding at you.

"Where is Pansy?" You whispered back, asking Katie.

Katie shrugged her shoulders glancing around the classroom.

"Okay class, today's lesson we will be mastering Reducto. Can anyone tell me what Reducto is?" Flitwick asked the class.

Katie put her hand up straight away.

"The Reducto curse instantly shatters an object to pieces" Katie answered.

"That's correct, 10 points to Gryffindor... now watch carefully as I demonstrate but please do not recite the spell otherwise my classroom won't exist by the end of this lesson" Flitwick said with a chuckle then beginning to demonstrate the wand movements.

You noticed a Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff student sitting together smiling at you, you looked at them wondering why.

"What you did earlier was incredible, Pansy deserved everything she had coming for her" The Ravenclaw student said quietly to you, with a big smile.

"Oh, thank you" You smiled back, appreciating the recognition.

"Yes, do tell us that spell you used again?" The Hufflepuff student added.

"Excuse me, no talking while I am teaching" Flitwick huffed, looking at the three of you.

"Sorry Professor" The students replied, then smiling back at you.

"Maybe I should get you an autograph book" Katie whispered laughing but you didn't react, which was strange of you.

As you were watching Flitwick's demonstration, Katie was thinking you hadn't seemed yourself since Christmas break. Having family issues, missing quidditch, attending a court trial with the Ministry of Magic and most recently using a highly dangerous and unknown spell on Pansy. All of which was very out of character of you.

"Are you okay?" Katie asked, looking at you.

You turned your head to Katie.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" You replied then looking back at Flitwick, Katie nodded a little.

Why did she randomly ask me that?

Katie thought she must just be overthinking.

After charms you only had potions left to attend, you and Katie were the first to enter Snape's classroom.

You saw Snape standing by his desk, he was talking quietly to Pansy. As soon as he saw you he promptly dismissed her to sit down.

Pansy sat at a distance waiting for Draco's arrival, she kept glancing over to you.

Once the class had arrived, Snape began teaching.

"Today we will be completing the last steps of the Felix Felicis potion and ending with a quick mock exam in preparation for your N.E.W.T.S next year" Snape said, looking around the classroom at everyone.