LIVING DEATH

ⓘ Parental Loss, Death

The next morning you heard a knock on your door. You quickly sat up in bed picking up the Draught of Living Death and hid it under the duvet.

"Come in" You called out.

Your father opened the door, you tutted when seeing it was him.

"Good morning" Your father said as he entered the room.

"Morning" You replied bluntly, watching him walk over to your bed.

"How did you sleep?" Your father asked, sitting down at the end of your bed.

"I dreamt of what my life would have been like should I have just had normal parents" You spat then shuffling back away from him.

Your father huffed.

"I am sorry Y/n, I really am. For years I have tried my best to keep us hidden from the Dark Lord, you have no idea" Your father said, looking down at the floor.

"Did you just hope I'd never find out?" You replied.

"Well yes... but I know that wasn't the right thing to do" Your father sighed.

"Were your careers true too or was that also a lie and you just decided to ignore me for the majority of my life?" You asked, frustratingly.

Your father darted his eyes to you.

"Your mother and I worked extremely hard to make sure you had the best life possible, we did not ignore you Y/n" Your father replied, sternly.

"You can't buy love" You snarled, looking away from him becoming teary.

"When this is all over and the Dark Lord is defeated-" Your father began.

"Good luck with that... apparently breaking down the necklace means that the emerald stones are useless now" You huffed, interrupting him.

Your father looked at you in confusion.

"Voldemort tried casting my wand and it didn't respond to him nor Bellatrix" You continued.

Your father smiled, sighing with relief.

"What?" You asked in confusion.

"That is exactly what I wanted to happen" Your father smiled.

You looked at him, tilting your head a little.

"I made your wand with a dual core of Unicorn Hair and Dragon Heart String... basically what that means is that your wand is extremely loyal to you" Your father began.

You looked away, deep in thought.

"Unicorn Hair provides the loyalty and Dragon Heart String was added as a precaution so that if you changed alliance, it would still respond to you. Hence why you are still the master of the wand even though you're now a death eater" Your father continued.

You nodded, processing what your father was explaining.

"So will my wand always be loyal to me?" You asked.

"No, you can still lose it in a duel for example so you still have to be careful" Your father replied.

You were silent for a few moments, still deep in thought.

"Now, get dressed and come have some breakfast please. I'm not having you miss another meal... we can go over everything in more detail another time" Your father said calmly, standing from the bed then leaving the room.

Once you were dressed, you picked up the Draught of Living Death putting it into your robe pocket and walked to the dining hall to have breakfast; your father was sat at the table alone.