THE RETURN

For the rest of the Christmas break you spent time with Harry but he seemed more quiet with you since Voldemort possessed him. Everyday you kept checking the Marauders Map for Snape's return but he didn't nor did Draco.

On the first day back of term you stood at the castle entrance with Harry waiting to greet Hermione, Katie and Ron whom you could see were walking up together dragging their trunks sluggishly.

"Y/n I was worried you had missed the train I couldn't see you anywhere on the platform at Kings Cross" Katie said running frantically over to you for a hug.

"I spent Christmas here" You replied hugging her back tightly.

"Is everything okay Y/n?" Katie asked as you let go of her with a concerned tone.

"Just family problems but I am okay" You replied, forcing a fake smile as you all walked in.

"Is everyone free now for a quick meeting in the room of requirement?" Harry asked quietly, you all looked at each other nodding.

You all gathered in the room of requirement, Harry stood looking at everyone.

"So we have a new member joining us today, I know we are coming to a close of these sessions but I wanted you to meet or refresh your minds of someone who I think will be a great addition to our army" Harry said then walking back to the entrance of the room of requirement.

Harry opened the doors and waved his hand commanding the person to enter, you all watched in anticipation.

In walked a tall slim boy with short dark hair, his eyes tired and his body language shy.

"Neville is back" Hermione gasped.

"I don't think I recognise him?" You said quietly, looking at Katie.

"That's Neville Longbottom, he has been away for quite some time" Katie whispered as Neville and Harry walked over to the group.

"I hope things are a little better for him now" Hermione frowned looking at Katie.

"Hello guys" Neville said shyly, greeting you all.

"Why don't you introduce yourself Neville? I am not sure if everyone knows you here" Harry said to Neville with a warm smile.

"Sure... well I am Neville Longbottom, Gryffindor obviously you can see by my tie" Neville began, chuckling awkwardly as he pulled his tie to show everyone. You all sniggered.

"Thank you for letting me join, I am ready to fight and make my parents proud" Neville continued.

"They will be proud Neville don't worry, we are all doing it for them too" Hermione said, smiling at him.

Neville saw you look at Katie with confusion not understanding.

"Well for those who don't know" Neville began, Harry looked at him instantly.

"You don't have to explain it is okay" Harry whispered putting his hand on Neville's shoulder.

"No honestly it's okay Harry" Neville replied, smiling at him in appreciation.

You all were silent looking at Neville intently.

"You see fourteen years ago death eaters used the cruciatus curse on my parents, torturing them for information of you-know-who's whereabouts but they didn't give in. However nowadays they aren't doing too good and recently I have been away looking after them. Everything I am doing is for them" Neville explained while looking at you, choking up a little.

"I am so sorry Neville, I had no idea" You frowned.

You felt guilty of seeming to be the only one who didn't know about Neville's parents.