TIME'S UP

Katie walked you and Neville over to a quiet corner she had found, then turning looking at you both.

"We can stay here for now" Katie nodded, gently letting go of both of your hands.

You all sat down on some steps in silence, hearing nothing but continuous explosions in the background. Neville put his arm around Katie, she leant into him just fumbling her hands in silence from her anxiety.

All you could think about was Snape, hoping he was safe. You felt ashamed to think that if anything were to happen to him your last memory together would be an argument.

Before your thoughts could continue, Voldemort took over your mind causing you keel over from the intense feeling.

Your time is up Miss Ashworth, kill Severus or surrender yourself...

Neville and Katie darted their eyes to you, wondering why you had keeled over all of a sudden.

"Y/n?" Neville said frantically, taking you out of your trance.

You looked at Katie and Neville in panic, catching your breath while regaining your focus again.

"I need to go" You said breathlessly, rubbing your forehead.

Katie instantly held onto your arm, gripping the sleeve of your robe to stop you.

"Y/n where are you going? It is not safe" Katie frowned.

"No where is safe" You replied glumly, then standing from the step but Katie too stood.

"Please don't go" Katie pleaded, gripping onto you again.

You took a deep breath and forced yourself to push Katie's hand off of you.

"Neville please look after Katie for me" You frowned, then rushing off.

"Y/n come back" Katie shouted in panic but you did not respond.

Neville pulled Katie in to comfort her, sighing upsettingly.

"Y/n" Katie shouted again, beginning to cry.

Hearing Katie shouting for you in the distance instantly brought tears to your eyes but you couldn't bring yourself to stop so you continued on, ignoring her.

You then proceeded to Snape's quarters to find him, hiding at every opportunity on your way from death eaters who stormed through attacking anyone who got in their sight.

You rushed up the stairs and entered Snape's quarters but he was no where to be found.

Tick tock Miss Ashworth

Voldemort projected in your mind, laughing at you.

You immediately groaned loudly angrily due to Voldemort, pushing pieces of parchment and empty potion vials off of a table directly in your view from frustration; the potion vials instantly shattered when hitting the floor.

You sighed, looking down at the mess you had made.

While fighting back tears of frustration you began to clear up the mess then noticing an envelope with just your name written on it.

Confused by the envelope you turned it, noticing it wasn't sealed. You ran your fingers along the opening, hesitating whether you should look inside or not. However, after a few moments you gave in to your curiosity so carefully pulled out the piece of parchment inside. You unfolded it gently, revealing a hand written letter.

'Y/n,

Many nights I have wanted to sit you down and talk to you but I have never found the perfect way to do so.