WHAT POSITION?

The next morning you woke from the sound of a harsh knock on your dormitory door, it was a prefect on duty.

"Time to wake up Miss Y/ln and head for breakfast" The prefect bellowed.

You sat up in bed.

"Yes I am awake" You answered glumly.

You took out your wand and cast it gently to light the fireplace. As you stepped out of bed you noticed out of the corner of your eye a wicker hamper basket wrapped in a green velvet bow sitting on your desk. You looked through the items in the hamper, it was filled with goodies including bath soaks and sweet treats; the smell of peony and sweet milk chocolate filled your nose.

You pulled out a letter featuring your mothers distinctive handwriting from underneath a chocolate frog, it felt slightly heavy. When you opened the letter sickles fell from the envelope hitting your cobbled stone dormitory floor.

'My dearest Y/n,

We are sorry we missed saying goodbye to you at Kingscross.

We hope that you're settling into your private dormitory nicely. As you are finishing your last years at Hogwarts your father and I thought it is highly imperative you have your own quiet space to study without distraction (also you can enjoy a peony soak in peace now). We were thinking, perhaps you could join quidditch this year? It is the perfect opportunity to impress your head of house as that ought to score some brownie points! Your father was a fantastic seeker for Slytherin many years ago. We were also informed that you have an upcoming trip to Hogsmeade later this term, save the sickles I've put in the envelope and treat yourself.

Hopefully we can spend Christmas this year together... well so long as your father isn't working away again.

All my love,

Mother'

You felt empty as you picked up the sickles from the floor and placed them with the letter on your desk. Your parents spent more time away than they did at home, they hadn't seen you off from Kingscross since first year. It felt too familiar them buying your love through many means but you knew how much they valued their careers. Your mother manages a shelter caring for abandoned magical creatures and your father is a wand maker whom handcrafts and delivers wands to international wizarding schools in partnership with Olivander.

The thought of another Christmas break without your parents hurt, although you were grateful for spending Christmas' previously with Katie and her family it didn't feel the same without your own parents. You put those thoughts aside before it upset you further, you glanced down at the letter once more.

Impress Severus Snape? I was top of potions class last year? Now I have to also join quidditch or face disappointing my parents

The morning sun beamed through black lake causing water ripples to reflect all over your room. You looked at your pocket watch, your eyes widened in shock when you realised that breakfast was almost over.

You rushed putting on your uniform, grabbed your wand and ran out of your dorm to the great hall.

When you entered the great hall you sat down quickly and grabbed some left over fruit and a lone waffle sitting on the platter dish in the middle of the table. Not many students remained in the great hall, just the smell of toast, hot sweet pastries and fruit lingered.

"Excuse me I think you'll find that was my seat?" Draco said with a raised eyebrow.

"Didn't realise you owned this spot" You replied, while taking a bite of a strawberry.