STOLEN

You landed onto the ground harshly, you stood up rubbing your leg from the fall groaning in pain.

You looked around confused as to where you had ended up. You were surrounded by miles of trees and shrubbery, the moonlight crept through the thick clouds and was the only source of light around.

Am I in the forbidden forest?

You bent down and picked up the wand that you dropped when landing, staring at it confused as to why your apparation spell didn't work properly.

"Lumos" You cast but the wand did not respond.

You shook the wand in frustration.

"Lumos" You cast again which worked.

Why isn't this wand working properly?

You heard a sudden crack of a branch making you turn in fear. You looked around in all directions but you couldn't see anything, your breathing became heavy from fear.

You felt a cold breeze causing goosebumps all over your body and noticed the grass around you becoming frosted over.

Four dementors appeared emerging from the trees, you tried to apparate but the wand did not respond.

"Please work. I can't do this" You pleaded to the wand.

You tried again, it still didn't work.

The dementors were only meters away by this point, their straggly black cloaks swaying in the wind and the air turning ice cold.

You pointed the wand towards them.

"Expecto Patronum" You cast, tiny blue sparks spat out of the wand but a patronus did not form.

You closed your eyes trying to focus but you could only recollect random memories from your childhood that hadn't worked before when trying the charm previously.

"Focus Y/n" You said sternly to yourself.

You tried thinking again but your mind was racing, nothing new was appearing.

Real memories, happy memories, real feelings

As you were trying to think, you were wishing you had Snape there with you but then it came to you.

You put your previous memories to one side and let your heart take over your thoughts. Instantly you thought of Snape imagining an array of your happy memories with him including gifting the cup, his kisses, him cradling you and comforting you.

You took a deep breath.

"Expecto Patronum" You cast shouting loudly continuing to imagine all of your happy memories with Snape.

Immediately your patronus cast out from the wand causing a bright white shield making the dementors screech loudly and back away from you. You opened your eyes when hearing the screeching from the dementors seeing that the spell had worked, you held the wand tightly keeping your composure until all of the dementors had fled away into the darkness.

You stopped the spell, your breathing was frantic from the adrenaline rushing through your body. You held your hands against your cheeks in shock but relief, feeling proud of yourself for finally mastering the charm.

As the fog caused by the dementors dispersed you saw in the distance a faint glow from the windows of the towers of Hogwarts, you followed in that direction running out of the forbidden forest.

As you came out from the trees into the open you felt a couple of drops of rain hit your head causing you to look up at the thick dark rain clouds above.