Follow-Up

Omniscient

Maliyah and Ace were walking around, talking getting to know each other more. Meanwhile Reina, Dom, and Nini were having so much fun. They ate cotton candy, rode rides, won stuffed animals, the whole nine yards.

Maliyah

"So what do you do for a living ?" I asked eating a candy stick.

"To be honest with you...I'm a king pin" He looked down at me as we walked.

Oouuu so he got moneyyy moneyyyyy.

"Oh ok sooo since you a king pin, you don't mind showing me the ropes right ?" I smirked.

I could use a little extra money, plus he fine so why not ?

Ace

"I don't know about all that lil mama" I shook my head chuckling.

"What you mean" She frowned. "Is it because I'm a girl? You sexist ass bitch" She rolled her eyes and started walking faster so that she was in front of me.

I couldn't help but to look at her ass. Damn.

I grabbed her gently back to me.

"No it don't got nothing to do with gender. It's just the game will chew you up and spit you out. It's cutthroat. It ain't a game. It's a lot that come with it. You gotta be smart first and foremost and you gotta be loyal. Specifically to me though." I chuckle but I was dead serious.

"I'm definitely loyal. I ain't no snake" She shrugged.

"It ain't even just that. You not doing that shit. You got too much to lose and that's your daughter. You thinking bout the money but not about your baby man" I said shaking my head.

"I am thinking about the money...for me and her what the fuck you talking bout?" She said growing angry.

"Im talking bout your life Maliyah. When you in this shit, you can't be scared to die. You got a whole daughter. This game ain't no joke. You can go in the streets one day and die that same day." I said growing annoyed by her ignorance.

She just stood there looking dumb.

"Yeah whatever. I'm gone bruh" I walked away towards Dom, Reina, and Nini.

She pissed me off.

"Hey y'all ready ? It's getting late" I asked as I looked at all the stuffed animals Nini had in her hands.

"Yes we ready Mr. Avery" Nini smiled up at me with her beautiful smile.

My heart skipped a beat when she said that. Her little voice could just lighten your whole mood up.

"Aight come on" I grabbed her hand as we walked to her mom.

"BYE DOM BYE RAINY" she called out to them. I'm assuming "rainy" is Reina's nickname.

"Byeeeee see you later sweetie" Reina said as the both of them waved.

Maliyah was already in the car, I guess she mad but to be honest I don't give no fucks.

After I got Nini buckled in I went to my side and got in.

I glanced at Maliyah from time to time and shook my head as I drove.

Y'all probably think I'm being dramatic about the whole situation about Maliyah wanting to be apart of the game but I don't think I'm not. This life has it's perks but it's a lot deeper than money. Mothafuckers kill and I don't want her getting in to all that shit. This game beyond cutthroat. It's kill or be killed. Plus she got a baby. Maliyah don't even need to be worried bout this shit.

I care about Maliyah, even though it's been a couple weeks. She got a lil piece of my heart, so does Nini.

I just wanna protect them.