Convene

Maliyah

After I washed Nini up, we both got dressed.

I decided to wear something comfy but cute since we are going to a carnival.

After I got dressed and everything, we were basically waiting on Ace to come pick us up

Speaking of the damn devil, I hear a knock on my door then I go to open it.

"Hey" I smiled.

He was looking at his phone, then he looked up at me.

"Damn- I mean hey wassup" His eyes connected with mine.

I just giggled and stepped aside so he could come in.

"My daughter's in the back I'll get her" I said walking to the back.

Ace

As I waited for her to get her daughter, I looked around her house.

It was spotless, not a speck of dust.

She must be a clean freak because if you never met this girl you wouldn't even assume that she had a kid.

I heard footsteps so I looked up and seen this beautiful little girl that looked just like Maliyah.

Her eyes met with mine.

"Hi" She smiled big and waved.

"Wassuh lil bit how you doing?" I asked to spark up a conversation.

"Im ok are you mommy's boy fwiend ?" She asked getting straight to the point.

I looked up at Maliyah in shock.

"I'm mommy's friend, not boyfriend...yet" I glanced up at Maliyah as I talked to her.

"Mmhm what's your name?" She asked in a sassy tone.

I chuckled "Avery" I glanced up at Maliyah once again.

She gave me a look of confusion.

Yes my name is Avery. I know I don't look like a Avery but shiii that's what my mama named me. I said my real name to her daughter because why not ? I don't want her calling me by my street name.

"What's yours?" I asked.

"My name is Nehlani but evewybody calls me Nini" she gleamed with her missing front tooth.