The Debut

•Jinjoo's POV
"So, Ms. Pearl, please introduce yourself!" The interviewer pointed towards the camera I was supposed to look at.
"Annyeonghaesaeyo, I'm SM Rookie Solo singer Pearl!" I said confidently.
"Annyeonghaesaeyo, Pearl-ssi. Your name is so beautiful. Will you explain its meaning to us?" She asked me.
"Yes, actually a pearl is actually a grain of sand that traps itself inside an oyster for a long time to become a beautiful pearl. Also, my korean name is Min Jin Joo, which itself means pearl." I said and smiled.
"Wow, that's a very beautiful meaning. Pearl-ssi, you're so beautiful and elegant. Was it your dream from the very beginning to be a kpop idol?"
"Yes, I always liked singing and dancing so my parents asked me to take an audition. I took auditions in many companies like YG, JYP but SM accepted me, so I joined the label."
"How old are you now?"
"I'm 00 liner. I'm 21 years old."
(A/N: It's the Korean age)
"How many years were you trained?"
"I was trained for 4 years."
"Wow, four years is a big deal. You have worked really hard and now you have finally made your debut. How do you feel?"
"I feel very happy and blessed. Yes, training and all was really tough but that all paid off as I've finally debuted."
"So, now please introduce your first mini album to us." She said and smiled towards me to give me some confidence.
"Yes", I looked at the camera and started talking confidently, "The name of my first mini album is 'Depiction'. It has a total of five songs and 'Stay Away' as it's title track. I've really worked hard for this. Please give my album lots and lots of love. Thank you!" I said and smiled again.
"That sounds great, Pearl-ssi." The interviewer is trying to make me feel comfortable.
"Thank you." I said nervously.
"Pearl-ssi, do you like any kpop groups?"
My favourite question.
"Yes, I like BLACKPINK sunbae-nim and EXO sunbae-nim. They're really an inspiration to me."
"Oh, you like EXO? Who is your favourite?" Am I supposed to answer this? No, I can't tell.
"I like them all. I'm everybody's fan." Where's the lie though? I love them all, though I really have a favourite.
"Good, that was a smart answer." A few more questions and then the interview ended. This was my first interview since my debut.
"You did a good job, Jinjoo." The host said as she patted my shoulder.
I, then, got inside my van while waiting for my manager to come. I was scrolling my social media. I'm not allowed to have a personal account yet so I have a fake account. I use that to know what's going on.
'SM's Rookie Idol Pearl's vocals are no joke.'
'She is just from a big company.'
'The new song Stay Away is great. She is really a good singer.'
'She just got lucky.'
'She debuted because she is beautiful.'
'Pearl is beautiful and talented. Her dancing skills are also great.'
'Pearl is so talented.'
There were mixed comments about me on the social media. Don't worry Jinjoo, this is just the beginning. Your hard work will be paid off. I was trying to motivate myself. But, I think I need to see someone's face to lighten up my day.
I opened my phone's gallery. There's a secret photo album in my gallery of my favourite kpop idol.
I opened the folder and started scrolling through his photos while listening to his song. His voice is so beautiful. It makes me feel calm. His voice is like an angel.
He is an angel. Baekhyun oppa is an angel. Actually, it's not Baekhyun oppa now, it's Baekhyun sunbae. I giggled to myself.
The manager entered the van. I kept my phone inside and pretended that I was just listening to songs.
"Jinjoo, we have to go for a stage recording at Music Bank now. Let's go." He said as he started the engine.
"Yes, Oppa." I said as I sighed. I was ofcourse tired because I haven't slept for more that 30 hours because of my debut. It's tiring but thrilling too. I always wanted to feel like this.
"Don't get tired just by now. You have a long day today." He said coldly. He is very strict. I remember the first time CEO-nim introduced him to me.
"Jinjoo, this is your manager, Jang Shi Kyung. He will guide you throughout." I bowed towards the manager.
"Annyeonghaesaeyo." I said as brightly as I can because he has a cold glare and that was freaking me out.
"Annyeonghaesaeyo Min Jin Joo, I'm your manager from today. I hope you obey everything I say."
"Yes, Oppa!" I said and bowed to him again. That day was just the beginning. Shikyung Oppa is really strict. My secret social media account is a secret from him too.
We reached the Music Bank and I wore my mask before getting out of the van. Before getting out, Shikyung Oppa said, "There will be many artists there. Behave and mind yourself. You're a celebrity now, too."
"Yes, Oppa." I said and got down.
I went to the green room to get ready for my first stage. I got ready and was waiting for the recording. I was at the backstage.
"The next recording is yours." A staff there whispered to me.
"Thank you." I said and bowed. I was nervous and trembling. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder and whispered to me, "It's okay, all the best. FIGHTING!!" I turned to see who it was.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Byun Baekhyun!