Chapter 2: Centauri Home

King couldn't understand why his mood hadn't gotten better even after drinking with Trez. Usually that would do the trick and King went on with his day perfectly fine.

King wondered if it was the early morning that irked him or that he was still thinking about that green-eyed stranger from last night. The answer was clear because King's body reacted every time he thought of that man, his blood boiled and his muscles stiffened as hard as iron. It was like he was a high-school pup with raging hormones fawning over his crush. King wanted to punch himself for being like this and he needed to get a grip on himself.

He ignored his grim disposition and entered the elevator at Centauri Enterprise. The sleek metal elevator, climbed and climbed, up to the top floor of the industrial skyscraper. The doors pinged open and King exited the elevator when he was greeted by a short, young woman with blonde hair and hazel eyes.

"Good morning. I'll take you to Mr. Centauri," she said. King followed the woman towards the double doors down the white clean lobby. "He'll see you inside." she opened the door and let him enter alone.

A familiar voice was heard in the massive office, that was nothing less of what King expected for Gabriel Centauri to have for himself. The large sky-high windows allowed for bountiful light to shine over the glossy marble floors, large oak table and leather chair. But more than the extravagant room, it was hard not to notice the three men standing in the office and King recognized all three of them. Gabriel stood with his beta and brother Hunter Centauri and his enforcer River Drakov.

"Good morning, King," said Gabriel as if he was amused that King finally gave into meeting him.

"Already on first name basis," remarked King.

Hunter Centauri grumbled a curse and glared through King. His amber gaze nothing less than a predator who was ready to consume his prey, who in this case was definitely King. The man was built like a weapon. Lethal and formidable, the beta of the Centauri pack was indeed worthy of being by his big brother's side. His face was rakishly handsome, strong jaw and straight nose lead down to a corded neck to a pair of sturdy shoulders. He was tall and undeniably trained every day.

From the two brothers, Hunter seemed to be the less reasonable one, except Hunter wasn't the only one glaring at King. On the other side stood enforcer River Drakov, whose icy blue stare was penetrating as it was scorching hot. River wasn't dressed in a suit like Hunter or Gabriel, he fashioned a leather jacket over a black shirt and rugged dark jeans, but still looked as powerful as the Centauri's in their suits. King discovered that he definitely wasn't liked by these two, not that he cared for their approval.

From the two men still, King realized that the power emitted from Gabriel Centauri was completely different. The intensity in the alpha's golden eyes was indisputable and it resonated all the way inside King's body, he sensed his wolf take guard against Gabriel's avid dominance. The scent that radiated from Gabriel was nothing short from thick, feral strength. His muscular built and towering height that even surpassed Hunter was overwhelming. His dark hair had been raked back revealing his masculine bone structure and handsome face. He wore the finest black suit, that had been perfectly tailored to his muscular physique. King realized the night they met that Gabriel was a force that no one could understand of how it came to be. He was a master alpha who ruled his pack with an iron fist, gaining the loyalty of every wolf under his protection. King wondered how Gabriel had done it without using some underhanded trick.

King didn't know what he was doing here meeting with these people. But he knew that he was curious now, he wanted to know what was so special about this alpha and his pack.